Cubley Court is an assessment unit which provides assessment and treatment for people with organic illness whose presentation cannot be safely managed within a community environment.
The team is motivated and forward-thinking, and the focus of the ward isdelivering high quality assessment and treatment with an emphasis on discharge.
We take pride in providing specialist care to our patients and we are recognised for our care and treatment we provide.
The Quality Care Commission has rated our services as good.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated band 5 Registered Nurse, who has an interest in providing care to older adults with Dementia within an acute inpatient service.
As a Registered Nurse you provide direct personal care to patients, without direct supervision, and co-ordinate the care given by colleagues.
You will deliver high quality safe nursing care, ensuring consistently high standards of practice and clinical excellence which comply with the Nursing and Midwifery Council cod of professional conduct.
The post also includes leading the delivery of comprehensive patients' assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of person-centred care in a collaborative way.
Main duties of the job
You will embrace in the delivery of best practice guidelines for Dementia Care in a supportive multi-disciplinary team including Consultant Psychiatrist, Matron, Senior Nurse, OTs and other Allied Health Professionals, Nurses, Assistants and Recreation Activity Coordinators to provide high quality care.
What skills do we need?
- Good communication skills are essential for engaging clients, carers/ families and multi-professionals.
- High level of self-motivation, a positive attitude and a flexible approach are important in this role.
- A commitment to high-quality care and evidence-based practice
- Excellent teamwork skills and professionalism.
The post is also open to individuals awaiting their NMC registration who can demonstrate specific interest in older adult services.
Robust management supervision and clinical supervision is available to support the post holder.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
Person Specification Education Essential
- RN Part 3/13
- Educated to Diploma Level (i.e. Dip HE Nursing) or evidence of post qualification education / training (working towards Diploma qualification)
- Evidence of up to date Personal Development Plan, Professional Portfolio
- Demonstrate the development of post registration clinical competence.
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of professional accountability and codes of conduct and their application in practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and lead a care team.
- Demonstrate knowledge and developing expertise of CPA / Risk Assessment and Management skills
- Demonstrate development of leadership skills such a motivation, facilitation, mentorship etc.
- Demonstrate up to date evidence based knowledge for chosen area of clinical Nursing Practice.
- Demonstrate exposure to and knowledge of Clinical Governance in action (audit, research clinical effectiveness etc).
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and develop practice around best available information.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.