- To contribute to the management of a team caseload of clients with complex needs, using CPA principles, evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions, which will be delivered mainly in the home or community setting.
- To support care co-ordination within the Tier 3 teams and attends relevant team meetings.
- To provide specialist assessment and intervention as part of a multi-disciplinary approach, with specific responsibilities regarding the acute care pathway.
- To support the Service Manager in providing leadership and day-to-day management for junior staff, students through supervision and appraisal.
- To support the multi-disciplinary team in CAMHS and liaise with the West Midlands Provider Collaborative case managers in order to refer and support arranging appropriate inpatient admissions, monitoring and liaising with the units to ensure a timely discharge back into the care of local provisions.
- To contribute to and facilitate evidence based assessments and individual and group interventions within home, school and community settings as per care plan/service requirement.
- To contribute to the maintenance and development of the Service
Main duties of the job
- To carry out advanced risk assessments.
- Contribution of the most appropriate professional assessment and treatment intervention for implementation by the team as a part of a multi-disciplinary care plan.
- To personally maintain accurate records and ensure that standards of record keeping are maintained by those supervised by the post holder.
- To monitor and implement risk assessments.
- To contribute to delivering interventions to a team caseload comprising of children & young people and their families/carers with complex needs.
- To demonstrate flexibility in working hours as agreed with the line manager.
- To liaise with and actively promote excellent working relationships, communication & working practices with referring teams and partner agencies. This would include the provision of expert advice to multi-agency partners.
- To demonstrate clinical leadership skills and work to support the senior staff in service development of the Crisis/Home Treatment Team and care pathway as a comprehensive, intensive, home assessment and treatment service, with particular reference to flexible working and the development of out of hours services.
- To actively contribute to team and individual staff training and development within acute services, CAMHS care group, and wider trust as directed.
- Provide and receive appropriate managerial, professional and clinical supervision and actively participate within group supervision to support team development.
About us Trust Values
Employees, workers, and / or contractors will be expected to uphold the values of the Trust and exhibit the expected Trust behaviours aligned to the Trust's values. Individuals have a responsibility to ensure that they display the Trust values and behaviours in carrying out their job and that individuals feel able to challenge (or raise a challenge) when other colleagues' behaviours breach the spirit of Trust values.
Job description Job responsibilities Job Description Post Title: Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner Department: CAMHS Crisis Intervention & Home Treatment Team (CIHTT) Location: Gem centre, Neachells Lane, Wolverhampton. Directorate: CYPF Band: 6 Hours: 37.5 Contract Type: Permanent Responsible to: Jay Eeles Clinical Lead/Service Manager Responsible for: Supervision of team members below Band 6.
Person Specification Qulifications and Experience Essential
- oExperience of working with children and young people with mental Health problems oExperience of supervising staff
- oRegistered Professional Qualification oNMC Registration or other relevant professional registration body.
- oPrevious experience in similar role
- oExperience of supervising staff
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.