Mental Health Practitioner Social Worker
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 permanent band 6 Social Workers to join a fulfilling and rewarding job within a diverse and dynamic inner London Crisis Service based in Hackney . The City and Hackney Crisis Service and Home Treatment Team is a multi-disciplinary team which respond to immediate crisis and endeavour to help people receive the treatment they need in their home rather than being admitted to hospital. To meet guidance set out by NHS England and the five year forward view the team has expanded and offer an enhanced service by operating 24 hours Crisis lines and Urgent Assessment Team.
The successful clinicians should be highly motivated, have passion for crisis work and keen to make a difference in this diverse and dynamic environment. The successful candidates will also be active practitioners within the service acting as a role models to other members of staff and providing supporting advice to the team. They will need to demonstrate creativity, tenacity, flexibility and a can do approach to the running of the service and service user care.
As well as working within the realm of their own profession, they will also be expected to take on generic roles. The role will also encompass research, evidence of service development, audit and supervision of junior staff. Weekly contracted hours will be worked over 24/7 period and will involve night shifts
Main duties of the job
Complete holistic assessments of needs, mental state examination, risk assessments and develop management plans of clients referred to the Crisis Resolution Service, including telephone assessment of clients who contacted the Crisis Line or who were referred to the Urgent Assessment Team;
To provide clients and carers presenting to the crisis service with a comprehensive multidisciplinary range of acute care and crisis interventions including rapid response, psychosocial and mental state assessments and social systems orientated interventions.
Undertake care and support needs assessments as well as carers assessments and develop care and support plans in line with Care Act 2014 and Statutory Guidance as well as other relevant legislation.
Undertake safeguarding investigations as a lead enquirer in line with the Care Act 2014 and other relevant legislation.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education / Qualification / Training Essential
- Relevant social worker degree/masters and current registration with Social Work England
- Level 3 Adults Safeguarding Training
- Level 3 Children Safeguarding Training
- Minimum 2 years' experience of work in the field of adult social care and adults safeguarding with experience of:
- Experience of undertaking adults safeguarding enquiries and developing safeguarding protection plans
- Experience of undertaking care and support needs assessments according to Care Act 2014
- Experience of developing care and support plans;
- Experience of undertaking carers assessment and developing carers support plans;
- Experience of supporting clients at risk of homelessness/homeless with engagement with the relevant housing authorities and charities to address their housing needs;
- Experience of crisis management and autonomous working
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Post qualification experience of working with people with acute mental health disorders and/or learning disabilities
- Ability to provide structure and focused supervision for the junior staff and manage the performance of staff supervised to ensure that local and national standards are met and where necessary address any deficiencies.
- Ability to organize own workload, to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate good liaison and good recording skills
- Excellent It skills especially ability to use Microsoft Office package, online clinical records keeping systems (suchs as RiO, MOSAIC, etc.)
- Ability to be innovative and creative in daily practice to maximise the resources available both internally and in the community
- Experience of discharge planning from the medical wards and/or mental health inpatient units.
- Experience working in within a rapid response service
- Very good working knowledge of the relevant legislative and policy framework, especially Care Act 2014 and Statutory Guidance, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Practice, Mental Health Act 1983/2007 and the Code of Practice, Modern Slavery Act 2015, Female Genital Mutilation Act 2003, Forced Marriage (Civil Protection) Act 2007, Housing Act 1996, Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and Homelessness Code of Guidance, Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, Sexual Offences Act 2003, Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004 and the Code of Practice for Victims of Crime 2015, Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 and the Prevent Duty Guidance (2019), Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, Data Protection Act 2018, Human Rights Act 1998 , Children Act 1989, Working Together to Safeguarding Children 2020, Children Act 2004, Children and Families Act 2014 and Special Education Needs and Disability Code of Practice, Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018
- Very good working knowledge of the regional and local policy framework in relation to children and adults safeguarding especially any current Pan-London policy and procedures as well as local policies issued by London Borough of Hackney and the City of London
- Knowledge of mental health disorders, their symptoms and treatment pathways.
- Excellent knowledge based regarding social work models of intervention and evidence-based underpinning it, especially related to the crisis intervention.
- Good understanding of common physical health issues, learning disabilities and mental health problems with an organic origin
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.