We are looking to recruit a speech and language therapist. This post is suitable for a student enrolled onto a university course, in their final year of study and due to qualify in 2022.
You would begin working as an SLT assistant before the completion of your studies and your hours would be aligned to your university requirements; this will give you graded exposure to your first position of your career.Main duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.About us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10 000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesSpeech and Language TherapistSalary:
£25,000 - £26,453 per annum Hours:
Up to 40 hours Permanent
Are you about to qualify?
Do you just want to get started and secure your first job now?
Do you have an interest in learning disabilities? ..autism? ...mental health?
Do you enjoy making a difference and want to help people understand the reasons behind behaviours that challenge? If so, this post is for you. About the post:
We are looking to recruit a speech and language therapist
. This post is suitable for a student enrolled onto a university course, in their final year of study and due to qualify in 2022. You would begin working as an SLT assistant before the completion of your studies and your hours would be aligned to your university requirements; this will give you graded exposure to your first position of your career. Successfully supporting the service, gaining your degree results and HCPC registration, would see us support you into your first Band 5 position on a full time (40 hour per week) permanent contract at Cygnet Wallace Hospital, Dundee with one day a week supporting a residential home in Dunblane.
- Cygnet Wallace Hospital is a 10 bed specialist high dependency complex care service providing assessment and treatment for individuals with learning disabilities, with or without autistic spectrum disorder, as well as complex needs and behaviours. The team can also support those who have additional mental or physical health needs, as well as those who have been detained under the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act.
- Ranaich House is a specialist residential service with nursing, supporting adults with learning disabilities and complex needs, including those with mental health or physical health needs. We provide specialist nursing care and support that is tailored to individual needs, promoting independence and community integration.
The post is overseen by a band 7 Highly Specialist SLT and there is another SLT within the team. You will work alongside support staff, nursing, occupational therapy, psychology, psychiatry and families to deliver high quality care. We are looking for someone who can work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and enjoys modifying traditional SLT approaches to real time client needs. Job Role:
You will support an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the client group within a hospital setting. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you graded exposure will guide you to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence. You will promote good practice and maintain a successful total communication environment.
You will be accountable to the onsite Highly Specialist SLT and the onsite service manager at Wallace Hospital. We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
In return we offer:
- Placement experience OR interest in the field of Learning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders and / or Mental Health Conditions.
- Willingness to work in line with key national drivers for the client group
- Understand the importance of team working with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to take direction from other senior colleagues.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
- An immediate peer network of 50 SLTs nationwide.
- Monthly Clinical Supervision, weekly 1-2-1s, quarterly line management, CPD, training and developmental opportunities
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team and external professional, family and carers
- Accelerated support with completing NQP competencies for RCSLT through a bespoke NQP forum with over 10 other SLTs in the same situation as you and working with similar client populations.
- Routine team meetings with Cygnet Speech and Language Therapists.
- Meal provision on duty and free parking on site.
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre with access to NHS rewards, health insurance and much more.
- Access to an Amazon account and virtual credit card for easy ordering of resources and equipment to enable you to do your job effectively and innovatively.
- Paid membership to RCSLT Clinical Excellence Networks and RCSLT Hub regions.
- Full induction training is given
You must be in a position to apply for Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) on completion of your degree in 2022. Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced PVG check.Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now.Person SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
DD3 9AGEmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.