Are you a newly qualified or current Band 5 occupational therapist? Do you have a passion for delivering outstanding care and making a positive difference to the lives of the people in your care? This could be your perfect opportunity. Main duties of the job
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will provide assessment and treatment of occupational dysfunction under the supervision of a more senior Occupational Therapist.
An integral part of this role will be supervising others, with a focus on supporting student education within the team.About us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Across our 11 different service lines, we have evidence-based established models of care to ensure we provide the highest quality care and support.
Our dedicated and expert teams of over 10 000 employees, support over 2800 individuals in a range of services across England, Scotland and Wales. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care, through co-production, recovery and rehabilitation.
With over 150 Occupational Therapists, we work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesAre you a confident newly qualified Occupational Therapist? Would you like to explore a more rewarding clinical challenge in a Highly Specialist Female Mental Health Service? We want to recruit an exceptional OT to this Specialist post.Would you like to further your career with us?Cygnet Aspen House
is a 20 bed service specialising in high dependency inpatient rehabilitation for women who have severe and enduring mental illness.
The service has been designed to provide a safe and comfortable environment that promotes recovery for women with its focus on space, personal privacy and dignity. The women we support at Cygnet Aspen House may be detained under the Mental Health Act. Post:
(Band 5) Occupational Therapist (Maternity Cover) Base:
Aspen House, Manvers Road, Mexborough, South Yorkshire, S64 9EX Caseload:
20 patients Responsible for:
The post holder will line manage and lead an OTA & a team of Activity Coordinators. Responsible to:
Service Manager for Line management supervision & Occupational Therapist (Band 7 or above) for professional supervision. Hours:
40 hours per week Location:
Aspen House, Manvers Road, Mexborough, South Yorkshire, S64 9EX
Join our supportive friendly team and make an application today.
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into, including Mental Health, Neuropsychiatry, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to our patients diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
Prioritisation skills are key to manage the caseload of clients effectively and you will work closely with the Occupational Therapy and multidisciplinary team onsite. 5 reasons why you should make an application today
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills
- You will be part of a team providing excellent care to our patients.
- National networks of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
- Low caseload of 20 to support intensive OT focused interventions.
In return we will offer you:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- Experience in the field of mental health (desirable)
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a hands on approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to manage highly demanding clinical presentation
- A competitive salary of up to £26,000 per annum (DOE)
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Company pension scheme
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
- Relocation packages offered
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own* What next?
If you care about making a difference we want to talk to you! For an informal discussion about the role please our dedicated Occupational Therapy in-house recruiter firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
S64 9EXEmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.