An exciting opportunity has become available for Band 6 Mental Health Practitioners to work within the Mental Health Liaison Team based at North Manchester Hospital Site.
The Mental Health Liaison Team offer a comprehensive range of Mental Health assessment and brief interventions within one Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We are looking for staff with experience in working with all ages (Children and young people, adults and older adults). It is anticipated that all Mental Health Liaison practitioners will develop skills in working with all ages to provide a high standard of care.
The service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is based on shift work.
Main duties of the job
The North Manchester Mental Health Liaison Service have received increased funding from Core 24 investment and are seeking to expand the service. We are aiming to recruit registered Band 6 mental health professionals with an interest and preferably experience in liaison psychiatry. The team offers comprehensive mental health assessments and brief interventions to patients on the North Manchester site, as a multi-disciplinary team.The North Manchester Mental Health Liaison Service is an All Age Service and provides liaison assessments to:-- Children and young people
- Working age adults
- Older adults - organic and functional difficulties
- Section 136 SuiteYou will be a keen and motivated professional who enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a can do attitude. In return you will be a valued member of the multi-disciplinary team who will have the experience of working in a urgent care setting and will be supervised by experienced and knowledgeable clinical leaders in liaison psychiatry.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and prioritise the day-to-day clinical workload relating to referrals received by the Mental Health Liaison Team.
- Undertake timely mental health assessments with service users presenting with mental health problems to the accident and emergency department and within the general hospital.
- Be a source of specialist knowledge and advice to professionals at all levels within the general hospital around care and management of service users presenting with primary and secondary mental health needs.
- Be responsible for the development of care plans with service users and other relevant stakeholders, if appropriate this will include the autonomous discharge. As part of this role it is expected that the post holder will liaise and communicate with appropriate statutory and non-statutory agencies or care providers when developing care plans.
- Assess individuals with a range of complex needs, such as organic and functional illness, this would include dementia and a range of illnesses associated with people from later life. In addition, there will be a requirement to assess individuals with learning disabilities.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- oRelevant Professional qualification
- opost registration experience
- Evidence of post-reg CPD
- Liaison psychiatry experience
- CAMHS experience
- OA experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.