- To be responsible for management of a caseload with accountability and responsibility for patient cantered assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care in conjunction with the carer, multidisciplinary team and other agencies within the community.
- Undertaking individual care and treatment planning working alongside other health professionals as the allocated care Co-ordinator.
- Manging risk utilising WARRN
- To assist the Team Leader in managing a team of community nurses, co-coordinating and deploying resources within varied environments.
- To assist the Team Leader in the delivery of service objectives, performance management and service targets is an integral part of the role, as well as providing expert knowledge and advice to a wide range of service providers and users of the service, as well as management of their own caseload.
Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunityhas arisen for an experienced mental health nurse to join our busy Older Adult Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) based in Quarella Road Bridgend.
You will be expected to work as part of a multi disciplinary team/multi agency team in conjunction with Bridgend County Borough Council , undertaking the role of care coordinator, providing quality mental health services under the framework of the Mental Health Measures (2010) Wales. In addition to this you will undertake CHC reviews and nursing assessments to inform categories of care. As a registered nurse you will be involved in the day to day running of the team including mentoring of students and the supervision of junior staff. You will work autonomously and also under the supervision of a band 7 registered nurse/team manager and in conjunction with other nurses, unregistered health care assistants and colleagues from local authority, deliver a range of a supportive services for those individuals under the care of the CMHT and part 2 of the Mental Health Measure.
The team currently covers the hours of 9-5, 5 days per week.
The Team also covers on a rotation basis our Out of hours 5-8 pm Mon -Friday and Saturday and Sunday 9-5pm.
If you have the passion and ambition to join this busy, dynamic, multi agency service then we would love to hear from you.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Closing Date: 08/02/2021
About us Our values and behaviours are fundamental to the way we do things at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. They are everything we stand for and aspire to. That includes the way we behave, how we perform our roles and the way we recruit new talent. We look forward to exploring how your values align with ours. This is how we work: We listen, learn and improve We treat everyone with respect We all work together as one team
Job description Job responsibilities
- To take responsibility for a clinical caseload providing comprehensive assessment, care and treatment to clients referred to the Community Mental Health Team in accordance with CTP/CHC and Mental Health legislation.
- Foster robust working relationships with all partners in particular Local Authority and Primary Care and private sector.
- Contribute to the continuing improvement and development of community mental health services.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Degree in Mental Health Nursing or relevant experience in this area of work
- Undertaken training in Dementia care
- Evidence of post registration educaiton/CPD
- Previous experience in older persons mental health setting
- Experience in Dementia care
- Experience in Community nursing
- Experience of multi agancy working
- Good assessment and formulation skills
- Demonstrated excellent communicaiton skills
- Ability to time manage and organise self
- Able to demonstrate sound clinical knowledge of older persons care/dementia care
- Demonstrates knowledge relating to legal frameworks (ie. MHA, MCH, DOLS, CTP, CHC)
- Demonstrates knowledge in relation to safeguarding processes
Personal attributes Essential
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.