As part of our development of a new Dementia Intensive Care Unit (DICU), we are seeking an experienced and confident Charge Nurse who is passionate about providing skilled and compassionate care for people with dementia.
Main duties of the job
This role will work with inpatients in our Specialist Dementia Treatment Centre as part of a friendly multi-disciplinary team. As a senior clinician, you will work closely with other professionals and managers to develop the therapeutic environment of the Centre and contribute to new models of care for our Acute Dementia pathway. You will have access to local clinical and professional supervision, regular training and personal development opportunities.
In East Sussex we are proud and excited to be working in partnership with local CCGs and service providers across the health and social care system to provide high quality, innovative and joined-up care for people with dementia and their families. Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust offers the added benefits of Clinical Academic Groups that lead on best practice and research related to care pathways across the trust. In addition, we have the Centre for Dementia Studies, which is a joint venture between Brighton and Sussex Medical School and Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
Job description Job responsibilities
In return, you will bring us commitment, enthusiasm and the ability to work as part of an innovative service that is always looking for ways to improve the care it delivers. Joining the Trust, you would become part of a network of nursing staff working with older adults and people with dementia and have the opportunity to network with, and learn from, colleagues in similar roles across the Trust.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional qualification Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of working alongside people with severe mental health problems particularly in their acute phase of illness
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non statutory teams and agencies
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.