Fancy a better work life balance on the vibrant Sussex coast. This consultant post based in Bognor and Chichester has the advantages of easy access to the Sussex and Hampshire coast and The Downs. It is still accessible to London.
Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity due to service expansion to offer a part time consultant post in the Bognor Early Intervention in Psychosis Team. This post arises from the retirement of our current consultant. The Early intervention team has expanded its service for all 14-65yr old's. It provides assertive outreach mental health care to people with a first episode psychosis. The post holder will provide Consultant input to the Bognor EIPS team which covers the coastal area of Bognor towards Chichester and the areas around it. The team base is co located with an ATS outpatient service in Bognor with on-site parking.
Sussex Partnership is about the people. The people we work for, the people we work with and the people we want to become. We want to create the right job for you that not only provides a service but works with your interests.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to those advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail. Please note this post attracts a Golden Hello payment of up to £5,000 as well as a Relocation Package of up to £8000. Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
If you haven't thought about living in Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities The role of the post holder will be
- To provide consultant psychiatric and medical care to clients aged 14-65 in the Bognor team of the East Sussex Early Intervention in Psychosis Service.
- To provide evidence based interventions to service users with first episode psychosis and comorbid conditions with a focus on regular reviews/CPA.
- To support early intervention practitioners in the production of comprehensive care planning including relapse prevention and crisis management.
- To lead the development of local evidence based interventions for this caseload, in consultation with the multi-disciplinary team.
- To optimise the physical health of clients with first episode psychosis.
Please see the Job Description for further details.
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.