We are looking for a Perinatal Mental Health Nurse in Acute Mental Health Care to work in the Mother and Baby Unit.
The unit aims to care and support mothers with babies under 1 year old and ladies in the last trimester of pregnancy.
Main duties of the job
The ideal candidate will have a special interest in perinatal mental health, be enthusiastic, caring and a good team worker.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they can work the 24/7 shift pattern.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...
Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the role and responsibilities for this vacancy please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification documents attached.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RMN\Dip (Mental)
- Live registration with NMC
- Appropriate post registration qualification Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Detailed knowledge of legislation and practise guidelines concerning Adult Acute Mental Health
- Ability to develop professional relationships with staff, service users and all other stakeholders
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Provision of effective clinical supervision
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and able to complete computer data entry and recording
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team worker, able to demonstrate organisational skills
- Awareness of budgetary needs of the service
- Ability to participate in training of others - students and other team members
- Working with people detained under the Mental Health Act (1983)
- Ability to identify priorities of service and the need to deliver a high standard of care
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in approach to solutions of service needs
- Demonstrate ability to manage ward on a shift by shift basis
- Maintains a high standard of care delivery
- Detailed awareness of current issues in Acute Mental Health
- Ability to support and educate others in their professional development
- Ability to act as a mentor to students, nurses and healthcare assistants
- Willingness to develop skills in ward shift management
- Able to maintain 'Passport to Practice' portfolio
- Participation in staff supervision and ability to identify own skills deficits, and plan with supervisor Personal Development Plan to meet these
- Knowledge and commitment to Improving Working Lives
- Ability to work under pressure and within agreed timescales
- Flexibility to work on a 24 hour rota basis
- Car driver essential, or access to a car (unless you have a disability as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1995)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.