is a 17 bedded Female Acute ward and there are currently 5 wards and a place of safety at Millview Hospital.
If you would like an informal chat or to arrange a shadow day where you can see some of the excellent work we already do, get in touch with the ward manager or matron (details below).
Main duties of the job
Charge nurses at Mill View Hospital incorporate the role of the unit co-ordinator on a rotation basis. We pride ourselves with the high standard of care delivered to people that have been detained by the police and brought to us for a safe assessment of their mental health needs, so there would be training and on-going support from the ward mangers across the unit in order to maintain this high standard and make you feel supported in delivering this role
As a Charge Nurse on Caburn ward you will be working clinically, and also expected to take a leadership role on the ward, supervising junior staff and completing regular audits to ensure the safe running of the ward, feeding the findings back to the team for learning and improvement.
Covid-19 full vaccination may be a condition of employment for this role, unless an exemption applies. The successful applicant may have contact with vulnerable service users and we will therefore seek proof of being fully vaccinated during the recruitment process.
AtMill View Hospital,
we are proud of each of our wards and the teams that work in them and what makes us special is how as a hospital, we work together to provide outstanding care to those that use our services. Mill View won Everybody Counts (team of the year Silver) Award at The Positive Practice Awards in 2019.
Our hospital vision statement and commitment Is to listen and to look after each other whilst creating a safe space for everyone Lets be brave, curious and creative together and be proud of what we can achieve''
We value the importance of supervision and on-going training and development. Local to Brighton and Hove. We hold daily hospital safety huddles and we are quite unique in that we always have a senior nurse (B6 or B7 out of the numbers) on duty 24 hours a day to provide additional support and leadership.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will assess, plan and implement care, and provide specialist nursing advice and carry out specialist nursing procedures in the agreed care group. They will provide clinical and managerial leadership to junior staff, providing supervision to junior staff and students. They will assist the Ward Manager in ensuring the effective running of the ward.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional qualification
- Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Significant post qualifying experience relevant to the care group
- Experience of working alongside people with severe mental health problems particularly in their acute phase of illness
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non statutory teams and agencies
- Experience of working within the CPA process
- Understanding of clinical governance
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.