This is a fantastic new opportunity within Newham Talking Therapies for an experienced Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner OR a qualified high intensity therapist who has a background in delivering PWP interventions. Applicants should come with experience of delivering clinical supervision and case management to PWPs and should be committed to supporting the professional development of PWPs.
Main duties of the job
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PWP or a qualified high intensity therapist who has a strong background in delivering PWP interventions. Applicant should come with experience of delivering clinical supervision and case management to PWPs and should be committed to supporting the professional development of PWPs.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to hold a small clinical caseload, alongside line management responsibilities of PWPs, and delivering case management and clinical case supervision. In addition to this, the post-holder will be responsible for supporting the Step 2 Lead with recruitment of staff and implementation of wellbeing initiatives to support the retention of practitioners.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
The post-holder will be working alongside the management team at Newham Talking Therapies to support with their respective strategic areas, such as: waitlist management, community outreach, the group and digital provision of the service.
Working as part of Newham Talking Therapies offers numerous opportunities for learning and development through strong team support and clinical supervision and being part of an evolving, integrating team. The role provides excellent experience that can be beneficial for both clinical and managerial progression.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- Qualified CBT Therapist with full or provisional accreditation with the BABCP Or HCPC registered clinical or counselling psychologist eligible for provisional BABCP accreditation
- PLUS IAPT Low intensity worker/ psychological well-being practitioner qualification (dip/cert PWP)
- Or IAPT Low intensity worker/ psychological well-being practitioner qualification (dip/cert PWP)
- Experience of working in an adult IAPT service
- Experience of line managing staff
- Experience of delivering clinical supervision
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Demonstrate high standards in written communication
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Full range of skills and competencies as laid out in the competence framework for CBT (Roth and Pilling 2007)
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has received training (either formal of through experience) and carried out risk assessments within scope of practice
- Understanding of issues surrounding clinical risk
- Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety disorders and depression and how these problems may present in Primary Care
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health / benefits & employment systems
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
- Good record of Continuing Professional Development and willingness to continue this
Other Requirements Essential
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships
- Ability to use clinical supervision and case management positively and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.