Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you interested in working closely alongside an acute trust?
This is a great time to join the Liaison team and be part of building a creative and innovative service for people experiencing mental health problems while in an acute hospital setting. We are focused on providing outstanding care and treatment that people and their families can be confident in, both in the emergency department and on the inpatient wards at the Royal Sussex.
Working in the MHLT is an excellent opportunity to be part of a supportive, rapidly developing and award winning Mental Health Liaison Team based at Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton. The RSCH being a regional trauma centre for the south east of England which also houses a number of regional specialist wards on site I.E. Renal, Neurosurgery, cardiac amongst others.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Main duties of the job
- Provide clear Emergency and Urgent Care mental health Pathways for patients, aged 17 years upwards, who attend the Emergency Department or are admitted into the general inpatient wards.
- Give a rapid response to patients, aged 17+ years, referred from the Emergency Department and linked wards.
- Provide an urgent response time of 24 hours to all General inpatient Ward referrals, this includes Older Persons Mental Health input.
- Ensure our specialist mental health liaison expertise is delivered while working collaboratively with our acute hospital colleagues and teams across the site.
- Provide excellent clinical outcomes, patient centred care and expert risk management while improving patient experience and involvement.
- Ensure the 24/7 delivery of liaison input to the acute hospital given the MHLT's CORE 24 service provision.
- Provide mental health education, teaching and development for acute hospital staff.
We are a large NHS Mental Health Trust in South East England. We're looking for people to help us provide high quality services for the patients, carers and local communities we serve.
We want patients and staff to recommend our organisation as a place where they would be happy for their friends and family to be treated. You can help us do this by bringing your skills, experience and commitment to Sussex Partnership NHS Trust.
This post offers a Golden Hello, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
Job description Job responsibilities
Will be responsible for the assessment and advising on management of patients presenting in A&E with self harm and mental health difficulties. This will be undertaken by using advance assessment and decision making skills. The post will also offer mental health assessment and advising on the management of patients with mental health issues who are admitted to other wards at BSUH. The post Holder will also be required to assess patients across the Urgent care pathway.
Person Specification Qualifications/Education Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health qualification or equivalent
- oUp to date Registration
- oPost Basic Courses / relevant Study Days
- oEvidence of CPD
- oThree years' post-qualifying experience of clinical work with people with a range of mental health problems
- oExperience of partnership working within and across various different statutory and non- statutory teams and agencies
- oExperience of successfully managing a caseload and prioritising clinical work.
- oExperience of providing a range of clinical interventions to people with a variety of mental health problems.
- o Experience of working consultatively with professionals
- oExperienced in conducting clinical assessments, including risk assessments
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.