The CFS/ME Service is a therapy service dedicated to working with people who have a diagnosis of CFS/ME, or persistent fatigue based at the Newsam Centre, Seacroft Hospital. This role requires the candidate to undertake comprehensive assessments of both physical and mental health issues and offer evidenced based interventions for this client group, including using psychological and activity and fatigue management approaches. This will be on a 1:1 basis in an outpatient clinic therefore the candidate needs to have experience or an interest in providing psychological interventions to an autonomous caseload of patients. The successful candidate will also need to facilitate the service's modular group programme.
The successful candidate will be offered strong support structures including MDT working, professional development, reflective practice, and clinical & management supervision.
This is a clinical area with exciting and emerging research developments, and you will expand your skills and knowledge base working with this client group. If you are interested in new ways of working and want to develop as an autonomous practitioner in this rewarding, specialised area then please apply. The candidate is strongly encouraged to contact the service prior to applying to discuss the role.
Main duties of the job
To have responsibly for an autonomous caseload providing robust evidence-based interventions for patients with CFS/ME & persistent fatigue on an outpatient basis. To facilitate the services group programme and contribute to the severely affected pathway. To work as part of the wider MDT on service development initiatives and education within the team.
We are a high quality, high performing NHS foundation trust. We are the main provider of specialist mental health and learning disability services in Leeds. We also provide specialist inpatient services in York as well as some highly specialised services across the country.We employ around 3,000 staff and every year we have contact with over 25,000 service users. Our vision is to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice. Our ambition is to support our service users and carers, our staff and the communities we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives. We need people like you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health. We perform well againstlocal and national targetsand inour most recent CQC inspection, 85% of our services were rated good or outstanding.As a teaching trust with strong links to local universities, we are a centre of excellence for teaching,research and development.
Job description Job responsibilities
- The post holder communicates and interacts, daily, with patients, their relatives & significant others. This includes providing and receiving highly complex and sensitive information. Due to the nature of conditions encountered in the service such as CFS/ME the post holder needs to use skills of persuasion, motivation, unconditional positive regard, empathy, and reassurance to overcome barriers to understanding and engagement.
- The post holder is required to actively contribute to CFS/ME Services development plan. This will be done by displaying initiative and contributing to a positive atmosphere within the team. It is expected that the post holder will take an active role in service development by either leading on service initiatives or being part of working groups.
- To be able to assess functional needs including the effects of physical & psychosocial environments.
- Knowledge of a range of interventions appropriate to the patient group, including assessment of function and activities of daily living.
- To be able to listen and validate peoples experience of the condition & engage them in the therapeutic process.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Have a recognized professional qualification e.g., nursing/occupational therapy
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Has experience of post qualification experience/training in psychological therapies e.g. CBT approaches etc.
- Has experience of working in a mental health setting.
- Has experience of managing an autonomous clinical caseload Including using skills in clinical reason & formulation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.