The post holder will be a member of the Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) core team, working as a recovery nurse in the ECT Department at Becklin Centre, Leeds for 15 hours per week and will also work 22.5 hours per week as a member of the Physical Health Monitoring and Improvement Team (PHMIT) based citywide in monitoring and improving the health of service users living with a serious mental illness (SMI).
Main duties of the job
In your role you will be responsible for supporting the ECT Team by providing skilled and timely care to unconscious and recovering patients/service users who have undergone anaesthesia for the purpose of the delivery of ECT. Alongside providing leadership and clinical expertise in the PMHIT in monitoring the cardio metabolic health of service users with SMI and promoting healthy lifestyles.
We are a high quality, high performing NHS foundation trust. We are the main provider of specialist mental health and learning disability services in Leeds. We also provide specialist inpatient services in York as well as some highly specialised services across the country.We employ around 3,000 staff and every year we have contact with over 25,000 service users. Our vision is to provide outstanding mental health and learning disability services as an employer of choice. Our ambition is to support our service users and carers, our staff and the communities we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives. We need people like you to help us achieve our goals; to live our lives free from stigma and discrimination; and to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and mental ill health. We perform well againstlocal and national targetsand inour most recent CQC inspection, 85% of our services were rated good or outstanding.As a teaching trust with strong links to local universities, we are a centre of excellence for teaching,research and development.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Provide care for unconscious patient following ECT and support supporting staff to maintain patient safety
- Monitor and offer support to service users physical health with an emphasis on improving physical health outcomes for people living with a serious mental illness.
- Communicate well with professionals and service users to plan care and provide feedback
- Management and supervision of junior staff
- Plan and support CTM in planning of care and service development
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- NMC registered First Level Nursing Qualification or equivalent
- Knowledge of ECT and Physical Health inequalities for mental health service users
- Skills in learning and proven record of CPD
- Experience of working with Physical Health issues in mental health service users
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.