Staff Nurse Band 5 - MH Older Adults / Physical Complexity Inpatients
Are you passionate about working in inpatients with older adults who have complex mental and physical health needs?
We have opportunities for band 5 staff nurses to work in our two wards based in Warwick, Woodloes House (female patients, 15 beds) and Ferndale Ward (male patients, 21 beds).
Our patients have a range of mental health conditions that require an inpatient admission and often complex physical health needs as well. Both wards have a strong multidisciplinary focus and holistic, recovery focused care. Please note often Trust interviews take place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
We can offer preceptorship and further training and development opportunities to support you whilst working in this specialist area of mental health care.
We welcome applications from students who are still undertaking their mental health or learning disability nursing course or more experienced staff who would like to expand their experience.
Both wards are accredited with the Royal College of Psychiatrists and rated as good with the CQC.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Relevant Professional Qualification i.e. RMN, DipCOT
- Expertise within a discipline underpinned by theory
- Professional clinical knowledge acquired through degree/ diploma
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Excellent written communication skills
- Substantial experience in Acute Mental health care setting
- Developed specialist knowledge gained within a similar environment over a considerable period of time
- Significant experience of undertaking assessment, formulation, risk assessment and positive risk management
- Proven experience of people management
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Must have full driving licence and access to a motor vehicle for business use.
- Special requirements attached to the post - e.g. travelling, working in an agile manner, working unsocial hours, mobility etc.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.