This is an exciting opportunity for a compassionate, empathic and experienced Nurse, Occupational Therapist (OT) or Social Worker to work within a dynamic MDT supporting people aged 14- 65 experiencing First Episode Psychosis, their carers and families in North West and Mid Sussex.
We are looking for a Nurse, OT or Social Worker to work as a Lead Practitioner, to complement our existing multidisciplinary (MDT) Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) service based in Horsham. Horsham EIP is well-resourced team of passionate, talented and creative individuals, offering a wide range of specialisms.
If you would like to make a real difference to the lives of those living with Psychosis and their recovery, using your professional training and skills, please apply.
This post offers a Golden Hello, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will support a caseload of clients by way of effective care co-ordination and offering creative recovery focused psychosocial interventions across a variety of settings.
You will be collaboratively creating treatment plans for people with complex presentations whilst working as part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team.
You need to have a keen interest and commitment to understandingthe principles and ethos of early intervention and this client group.
Previous experience of supporting clients with complex mental health and social care needs is required.
As we work with clients in a variety of settings, in clinics, client homes or other community settings, and we cover a large geographical area, access to vehicle is essential.
Horsham EIP is one of six EIP teams across Sussex. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding team within Sussex EIP.
You will be supported by the team leader and the wider MDT via clinical supervision, managerial supervision, andprofessional supervision with our Professional leads. We also have regular MDT zoning meetings and risk discussions, staff wellbeing sessions, learning spaces and case formulation meetings.
As a service we offer a real commitment to support your continuing professional development through a variety of internal and external training opportunities and university accredited courses.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to job description and person specification attached for more information. If you would like further information, or informal visit please do not hesitate to contact Rachel Yard.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Practitioner with current registration [mental health nurse / social work / occupational therap] appropriate to the job role
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Significant post qualifying experience in the relevant care group
- Experience of working alongside people with psychosis and complex health and social care problems in the designated care group
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Experience of providing a range of clinical interventions to people in the designated care group with a variety of health problems
- Experience of working consultatively with professionals
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non statutory teams and agencies
- Experience of working within the CPA process
- Previous experience of working in the community
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.