Here in the Dementia Rapid Response Team (DRRT) High Peak and North Dales, we believe it is a privilege to be part of a person's Dementia journey, and take pride in the high standard of care we offer!
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Occupational Therapist to join our friendly OT team, based in Bakewell.
Our service promotes a person centred and non-pharmacological approach to support older adults living with a diagnosis of dementia who live either in their own home or a care home , who may be experiencing or approaching a crisis in their mental health.
The aim of the service is to assist in maintaining the independence and dignity of those living with dementia, with the ultimate goal of preventing hospital admission where possible.
We welcome experienced, newly-qualified and soon-to-be-qualified OTs to apply.
Our service works 365 days a year, including weekends and bank holidays and the post holder will be required to work shifts.
Main duties of the job
As a Band 5 OT you will play a key role in delivering holistic, person-centred assessments and therapeutic interventions.
This will include offering clinical advice on the assessment and intervention of clients' occupational and functional needs.
Within the DRRT, Occupational Therapists are core to the team in providing non-pharmacological interventions.
Our therapy team currently consists of 2 Senior OT's and an OTA.
You will embrace in the delivery of best practice guidelines for Dementia and Occupational Therapy.
You will need to be a dynamic clinician with good interpersonal skills to enable engagement of service users and their families or carers.
Due to the vast geographical area we cover, a full UK driving license and a means to travel independently around the community is essential.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registration (or pending)
- Fieldwork Educator Qualification
knowledge and skills Essential
- Experience of working in a mental health setting
- Experience of/interest in Dementia Care
- Application of OT process to practice
- Effective written/Verbal communication
- Experience of MDT working
- Participation in supervision
- Experience of planning and facilitating groups
- Experience of working in inpatient setting
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.