An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Lead to join the Mental Health Intensive Support Service in East Cheshire.
This is a newly established Service that provides specialist assessment, treatment, interventions & support, to help people recover from complex mental health problems & to regain the skills & confidence to live successfully in the community.
Main duties of the job
To support the Team Manager in delivering a high quality mental health services to clients that access the MHIST service. To provide clinical leadership within the team and management support, deputising for the Team Manager in their absence. The post holder will be expected to work autonomously within a multi disciplinary framework, providing training and staff development, specialist assessment, clinical support and time limited intervention to service users. The post holder will act as a source of expertise and point of contact within the team and demonstrate highly specialised communication skills and problem solving abilities when prioritising risk .
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (CWP) supports thousands of vulnerable people across Cheshire and Merseyside. We provide physical, mental health and learning disability services to a total population of around one million people.
We offer a variety of roles at all levels, so whether you are just starting out in your career or you are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, CWP is the right employer for you.
Visit our 'Working for us' pages on our website to find out more about why you should choose CWP.
CWP are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
We welcome applications from people who have direct experience of accessing our services.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please download a copy of the job description for a full copy.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
To ensure that we continue to provide Outstanding for Care (as recently been awarded by CQC), CWP recruits people that can demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking aValues Based Interview/Assessment,
which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trusts Values and Behaviours which are the 6 Cs Communication, Competence, Courage, Care, Compassion and Commitment. A Guide to completing your application form can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trusts Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
If your disability meets the definition set out in the Equality Act 2010, and you can show that you meet the essential criteria described in the person specification for an available position, please answer YES to the question: Do you wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme? Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
All new clinical support staff will be required to have completed or working towards the Care Certificate (CWP In-house 2 day training to be completed within 6 months of start date).
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. Please note that DBS costs will be waived for applicants who are being recruited for COVID-19 reasons.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of £13 per year applies. Please see attached Update Service Applicant Guide document for further information.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
If you experience any technical difficulties or need help when making an application please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100 and quote the vacancy reference number.
Good luck with your application. We hope to welcome you to Team CWP very soon.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- A relevant Social Work, Nursing or Allied Health Professional (e.g. Occupational Therapy) degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Current registration with a nationally recognised professional body relevant to the professional qualification held e.g. GSCC for Social workers, HPC for Occupational Therapists etc
- Minimum 5 years post registration experience.
- Masters level qualification or equivalent short courses and/or experience.
- Teaching qualification or significant experience
Knowledge and Expertise Essential
- Excellent communication skills: - working with staff - working with patients and carers - working with general practice - presentations - written reports - understanding and ability to interpret, research and facilitate staff to implement evidence-based practice
- Proven ability to challenge current practices and freedom to make change in light of evidence-based recommendations
- Knowledge, understanding and the ability to interpret and implement local and national policy direction relevant to practice
- Proven experience of clinical audit, skill and knowledge required to facilitate staff to undertake clinical audit
- Knowledge and experience of moving staff through the change management process
- Empowering staff to manage and support change
- Demonstrable effective clinical leadership with knowledge, understanding and application of leadership theories
- Relevant clinical expertise to support and facilitate clinical development and innovation
- Evidence of sound information technology skills
- Experience in the development of professional roles
- Successfully managed projects that demonstrate ability to communicate and implement change
- Demonstrable and proven understanding and experience of the clinical and corporate governance agenda
- Knowledge and experience of facilitation of reflective practice for staff and personal reflective practice
- Demonstrable ability and experience in motivating and empowering others to change roles and in leading practice development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.