The Intensive Support Team is an innovative, dynamic and responsive team provide essential support to people with learning disabilities who reside anywhere in Lancashire & South Cumbria, and who are at risk of hospital admission. The team work closely with CLDHTs to offer a timely wrap around service to adults and their support teams to reduce of placement breakdown. As well as offering input to individual cases, it is expected that the post holder can provide a systemic view of the issues and to support other team members when dealing with difficult and challenging situations.
The MDT team will be led by a Consultant Nurse and will include SLT, OT, nurses and support workers. Although the team base is in Preston, there will be an expectation that the post holder will be able to travel over the footprint of the service if and when required.
Main duties of the job
If you are an enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist with experience of supporting people with behaviours that challenge and with complex needs, this post offers an exciting opportunity to develop clinical and leadership skills and shape the development of a new service.
You will receive regular clinical & professional supervision from a Clinical Psychologist and you will also benefit from being a member of the Learning Disability Psychology Specialty as well as the wider Psychological Professions Community within LSCFT.
There are excellent links with the North West clinical psychology training courses in Lancaster, Manchester and Liverpool.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role
Person Specification Education Essential
- Doctoral level training in clinical psychology or equivalent for those who trained prior to 1996, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS.
- Pre-qualification training and qualifications in research methodology, staff training and/or other fields of applied psychology.
- Doctoral level knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of psychology.
- Knowledge of legislation, and its implications in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Evidence of continuing professional development as recommended by the BPS by completion of CPD log demonstrating a minimum of 40 hours per year.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for client's psychological care and treatment both as a professionally qualified care co-ordinator and also within the context of multidisciplinary care plan.
- Experience of teaching, training and supervising.2
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.