We are looking for a highly motivated clinician interested in innovating care and treatment for young adults aged 18-25 years as part of our Community Transformation.
This is a new permanent role, created to help us deliver our plans to transform our community mental health services, as part of the NHS Long Term Plan. The transformation of our community mental health services will lead to truly integrated health and social care for adults in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey who have serious mental illness.
Our transformation plans are supported by £25m in funding and will mean the roll-out over the next three years of multi-disciplinary teams of experts working within the new Primary Care Networks and offering wraparound, holistic care to our service users and wider community. Our aim is to support the whole person as they live with, or recover from, mental illness and to offer them support with other challenges they may face, such as debt, relationship problems, housing, education or training. We will also focus resources on reaching those who currently face obstacles in getting the help they need.
Main duties of the job
This post is within the adult community locality teams providing mental health clinical expertise by consultation, training, supervision. The post holder will lead colleagues in their delivery of transition support to young adults aged 17.5years - 25years, work with other relevant agencies, as well as delivering highly specialist psychological and systemic assessment and treatment for young adults and their families aged 17.5years - 25years. The post holder will have close links with CAMHS, Adult Mental health Services and the VCS where the keyworkers will be co-located.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that all Trust Safeguarding policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in line with these policies.
At Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Community and Mental Health Trust our staff and service users have worked closely to create a set of values that make sure people who use our services get the best possible chance of a rapid recovery.
The Trust's values are:
- Being Positive
- Working together
By coming to work at Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Trust you will be joining a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London with over 3000 staff delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for a more detailed view of the role
Person Specification Education and Qualifications Essential
- Post Graduate Doctorate in Clinical (or Family of) Psychology (or equivalent) or Systemic Family Therapy (or equivalent) or Psychotherapy and registration with the HCPC or UKCP
- Registered professional with evidence of working at senior level within the NHS in both child and adult services.
- Qualifications/ training in specialist skills e.g. systemic therapies, neuropsychology CBT, NVR, DBT
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Experience of working as a qualified Clinical Psychologist or Systemic Family or Psychotherapist for a minimum of two years and relevant experience for transition to Highly Specialist/ 8a
- Experience of working in a multi-ethnic community and of working with interpreters
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Communication skills - high level with regard to complex clients and multi-agency staff and networks.
- Highly specialist psychological and/or systemic assessment and formulation skills
Personal Qualities Essential
- Ability to endure prolonged periods of concentration for extended client therapy sessions.
- Ability to deal sensitively with stressful situations including staff and /or organisational problems, child abuse, family breakdown, serious mental ill health, and to cope with verbal abuse and to recognise and diffuse potential physical abuse from clients.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.