We are welcoming applications from all Qualified HI Intensity Therapists including those soon to qualify. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding IAPT service. The Gloucestershire Mental Health Intermediate Care Service is a County wide IAPT Service that is made up of 4 clinical teams situated across Gloucestershire. We employ over 100 therapists and are passionate about improving access to psychological therapies. We pride ourselves on our clinical model that focuses on delivering high quality care. Each IAPT team includes a Clinical lead, Team manager, Psychological Therapists, senior Psychological Wellbeing practitioner and Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners. We also train significant numbers of therapists so regularly advertise these posts. We have bases in Cirencester, Dursley, Gloucester, Cinderford and Cheltenham. The Service provides evidenced based psychological interventions using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and other IAPT approved therapies. We deliver treatment over the telephone, in groups, face to face and using digital therapy using a stepped care model.
Main duties of the job We are looking for enthusiastic, suitably qualified and experienced CBT Therapists to work in one of our four expanding teams. The successful candidates will be BABCP accredited (*or meet BABCP accreditation standards who will apply for accreditation on commencement of post) and have extensive experience of delivering CBT based interventions.
This post requires the post holder to be able to undertake all statutory and mandatory training and post holders must be able to undertake physical interventions. Fitness for physical intervention will be assessed by Occupational Health.
A valid UK driving licence plus the use of own transport for business purposes is essential. For qualifying staff the Trust has a Lease Car Scheme in place and also offers a popular Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme with our partner Tusker.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document 'Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice' prior to applying for the role.
Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
Job description Job responsibilities
Detailed job description and main responsibilities are available in the attached Job Description and Person Specification document from the advert.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Qualification from High Intensity IAPT Course (Post Graduate Diploma)
- Further post graduate qualification OR training and experience in CBT that meets full BABCP accreditation standards and will apply for accreditation on commencement of the post
- Significant experience working as a psychological therapy practitioner in a stepped care service for anxiety and depression and demonstrating the competences as required.
- Full range of skills and competencies as laid out in the competence framework for CBT (Roth and Pilling 2007)
- Meets BABCP accreditation standards and applies for accreditation on commencement of post
- Is a member of a professional body, such as BABCP, BPS, NMC upon commencement of the post.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.