If youwish tobe offered on a secondment basis, you will need to have gained your line managers approval for the secondment prior to going to interview.
The Online CBT Team are looking for a Senior Clinical Psychologist to join our friendly team, managing the day to day delivery of the Online CBT service across Wales.
Part of the Powys Psychology department, with a base in Bronllys and working from home, the team provide an online therapy service designed to help children, young people and adults manage their mental health and wellbeing.
Welsh Government funding has been secured until December 2024 to expand the Online CBT service offered in other Health Board areas in Wales. Exciting times ahead as the team expands to meet the increased demand for help managing mental health challenges, particularly in this post pandemic period.
Main duties of the job
The Online CBT Team is part of Powys Teaching Health Board and our aims are to:
Increase treatment options available to service users experiencingmild/moderate anxiety and/or depression;
Reduce waiting lists and waiting times by improving timeliness andproviding quicker access to therapies;
Improve equality of access to mental health care between service usersliving in urban and rural areas;
Develop and enhance Online CBT service that meets the needs anddemands of the people of Wales.
Provide a specialised clinical psychologically minded service to clients within the Online CBT service for people with mild to moderate mental health issues, providing specialised psychological assessment and support to clients.
The assessment and delivery of treatment will encompass multi-disciplinary strategies, to facilitate the client's needs. All activities will be based upon aholistic, person-centred framework, utilising needs-led models, such as the
Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) model and developing these interventions with teams, as appropriate.
Work autonomously in accordance with The British Psychological Society Code of Conduct, Ethical Principles and Guidelines 2004, and Health and Care Professions Council.
Within the team, to exercise delegated responsibility for the management and supervision of Online CBT Coordinators and the workload of trainees, within the framework of the team/service policies and procedures.
Powys is cited as being a wonderful place to live and work; a rural health setting where you can personally and professionally grow, where patients are at the heart of care provision. If you are an ambitious professional in search of job satisfaction, Powys is the place to be. Whatever your career aspirations, we are committed to supporting and developing you.
Powys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of the population of Powys. Powys is the largest county in Wales with Snowdonia to the North and the Brecon Beacons to the South, the spectacular scenery is something to behold. Working in partnership, we commission and provide award-winning hospital, community, mental health and learning disability services, so our portfolio is varied and diverse. We are proud to offer patients an unrivalled level of care and range of careers for professionals who want to make a real difference. Did you know - Powys Teaching Health Board accepts applications to retire and return from within the NHS in Wales. If you would like to know more, please contact the Powys Teaching Health Board Workforce team on 01874 712580 or email@example.com Step into Health connects employers in the NHS to people from the Armed Forces community.
Applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
Job description Job responsibilities
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Honours Degree in Psychology and Eligibility for British Psychological Society Chartered status
- Post-graduate qualification:Doctorate in Clinical/Counselling Psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or for those trained overseas), as accredited by the British Psychological Society
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Clinical Psychologist
- Clinical supervision training for Doctoral Trainees
- Doctoral level advanced knowledge of Clinical Psychology theory and practice, Psychological therapies and their application, Neuropsychological and Psychometric assessment and interpretation. Doctoral level knowledge of research design and methodology, including multi-variate data analysis as practised within Clinical Psychology
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and its implications for both clinical practice and professional management
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development as recommended by the BPS and HCPC
- Post-Doctoral training courses in specific areas of Clinical Psychology
- Specialist psychological knowledge for working with adults and children; able to discuss this at an advanced theoretical and practical level, includingPsychological assessment, interpretation, diagnosis, and intervention
- Specialist training e.g., research design & methodology. Online CBT. Knowledge of psychotherapy with people with cognitive impairments. Knowledge of community-based work
- Substantial assessed experience of working as a qualified Clinical Psychologist, including significant post-qualification experience within the learning disability speciality, or relevant transferable skills
- Demonstration of further specialist training / experience through having received extensive and demonstrable clinical supervision of working as a Clinical Psychologist or an alternative agreed by the Director of Psychology
- Experience of specialised psychological assessment and treatment of a range of clients across a wide range of care settings
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care, with experience of co-ordinating care within the context of multi-disciplinary care-planning
- Providing supervision to Assistant and Graduate Psychologists
- Experience of the application of Clinical Psychology in different cultural contexts
- Experience of representing psychology within the context of multi-disciplinary care
Aptitude & Abilities Essential
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competence to work within the designated speciality
- Skills in the supervision of other staff including Trainee Clinical Psychologists. Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups
- Well-developed skills in effectively communicating very complex, highly technical, and clinically sensitive information, both orally and in writing, to clients and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of professionalism and safe clinical practice in the face of regular exposure to highly emotive material and challenging behaviour
- Ability to identify and provide appropriate meansof support to line-managed staff who deal with highly distressing situations, severely challenging behaviours, and other stressors
- Ability to use a variety of complex multi-media materials for a range of purposes such as teaching and training
- Capable ofeffective workload management when facing competing demands. Ability to work collaboratively with a range of multi-disciplinary colleagues
- Good IT skills
- Advanced IT skills
- Publications in peer reviewed or academic or professional journals and/or books
- Ability to speak Welsh is desirable (if the successful applicant wishes to develop an understandingof the language, will be supported through the personal development plan process
- Demonstrate PTHB Values
- Ability to demonstrate a range of qualities essential to the role e.g. compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment
- Ability to demonstrate professional behaviours of the highest standard
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of clinically sensitive materials and information and to handle personal information with sensitivity and discretion
- Ability to travel within the geographical area
- Ability to work hours flexibly
- Good attendance record
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.