This role is being advertised pending Royal College approval
We have an exciting reconfigured opportunity for a full-time Consultant on Cherry Tree Close (CTC), Open Rehabilitation Unit, in our Forensic and Rehabilitation Division.
The post holder will work on CTC to provide clinical leadership and management of the patients in addition to supporting the development of an outreach community hub. The post holder would be encouraged to engage with stakeholders regarding the GIRFT process and to gain AIMS accreditation
The post holder will also work across the various inpatient units to in-reach and provide assessment, support and advice. The post holder will liaise and work closely with the local GPs and various stakeholders involved the rehabilitation process.
The post offers opportunities to develop the rehabilitation service into the training and teaching unit that would attract trainees and students from the region.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be working alongside other members of the multidisciplinary team in the management of complex and challenging patients in need of rehabilitation. The post holder will also provide supervision and support to the out reach community hub and work to support both the inpatient and community areas.
The post holder with work in collaboration with colleagues within the Division to further to foster an atmosphere of learning, training and sharing good practice points.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 33 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 35 days after 5 years
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Fully registered with GMC with license
- Approved Clinician Status
- Excellent knowledge of speciality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Participated in research and service provision
- Ability to work in and lead a team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.