You will be working alongside our permanently employed psychologists offering both assessment sessions and interventions to a wide variety of individuals who present with complex mental health and psychological difficulties who sit within secondary care services. Clients will be assigned to you if they are considered appropriate for the length of time you are with us. The psychologists currently work alongside our multi-disciplinary teams who are able to support our work and respond to any risks that may occur.
Main duties of the job
- Accountable for own professional practice in the delivery of highly specialist psychological care to clients with highly complex mental health conditions which may include challenging behaviours.
- To be compassionate in meeting the needs of clients, their carers and families.
- To promote at all times a positive image of people with mental ill health and psychological difficulties
- To promote at all times a positive image of the service and the wider Trust.
The post holder will be working within secondary mental health psychological therapy services and may be placed in one of our four localities across the Black Country.
They will work in accordance to Trust and Professional and ethical guidelines
Job description Job responsibilities
They will be responsible for assessing and treating individual with complex mental health problems who may present with risk.
They will be responsible for liaison with other MDT mental health professionals, including writing emails and letters.
They will be responsible for updating clinical records using an electronic system according to professional standards
They will receive supervision from a member of staff within the psychological therapies service
Person Specification Qualifications, experience Essential
- Doctorate degree in Clinical/Counselling Psychology
- HCPC Registration
- Experience of working in service area
- Training in Supervision
- Extra training or qualifications in specific psychological models
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.