This is an exciting opportunity for a confident and experienced autism diagnostic practitioner to work remotely from anywhere in the UK as part of a well established and well regarded diagnostic service. The successful applicant will work as part of a varied MDT to complete the autism diagnostic assessments for adults living in Hull and the East Riding. The team works together to expand knowledge on autism and other neuro diverse conditions to deliver the best service. We support patients through the diagnostic journey to understand their strengths and challenges.
Main duties of the job
- participating in the MDT meetings and patient discussion
- completing autism diagnostic assessments via secure online telehealth appointments
- supporting diagnostic assessments of sensory processing and ADHD where required and suitable experience is demonstrated
- supporting other services Trust wide with consultations and training
- participation in professional development
- Assisting service development
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale and Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of our patients and service users.
To find out more about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our Trust website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialties to change lives every day. We're extremely proud of our Trust community and we know you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to staff development to ensure the delivery of high quality, person-centred and compassionate care to patients. We value our staff and invest in them to ensure they have the right skills and competencies to deliver outstanding care.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information with regard to this vacancy please see the attached job description and person spec.
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- Full understanding of relevant policy, legislation and guidance relevant to working with autistic adults.
- Full understanding / application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within Occupational therapy, Nursing, Speech and Language Therapy or Clinical Psychology..
- Evidence of undertaking audits / surveys
- Member of specialist interest group/network, regionally or nationally
- Good working knowledge of relevant IT systems to own area of work
- Evidence of sound post-registration professional practice
- Demonstrable experience of working in the designated field - Autism assessment, diagnosis and intervention
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to Occupational therapy, Nursing, Speech and Language Therapy or Clinical Psychology to advanced level e.g. Masters/post-graduate diploma and equivalent knowledge / experiential learning
- Leadership/management experience which has had a positive impact and created change within the service delivery/practice
- Professional networking regionally and nationally
- Proven leadership/management experience, able to demonstrate examples of positive impact / change within service delivery / practice at an advanced / expert level
- Experience of developing others through education, mentorship, coaching, teaching, assessing, presentations, publishing
- oCurrent HCPC registration
- oEducated to Masters Level in relevant area or Masters level/Post Graduate modules in relevant subjects plus relevant knowledge / experience.
- oStudent learning in Practice (SLIP) qualification or Apple accredited.
- oAdvanced / expert clinical qualification
- oPrepared to undertake or hold an accredited leadership qualification
Effort and environment Essential
- oAbility to effectively use telehealth to conduct diagnostic assessment and use virtual conferencing to maintain clear lines of communication with the MDT.
Personal Attributes Essential
- oEffective inter-personal skills and experience in supervising and mentoring and teaching
- oGood time management skills
- oAbility to lead/motivate staff to embrace change
- oAble to demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels i.e. strategically and locally
- oBe able to demonstrate leadership / management skills at an advanced level
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.