Physiotherapy - Community Rehabilitation Service - South Somerset Neighbourhood
We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 and a Band 6 Physiotherapist within the Community Rehabilitation Service (CRS) in South Somerset (location negotiable). These posts have become available due to exciting internal promotions and service development.
If you are an enthusiastic Physiotherapist who wants to work as part of a community rehabilitation service to promote independence and help people to
rehabilitate and recover in their own environment we'd love to hear from you. Please note - this vacancy could be suitable as either permanent, secondment or fixed term.
Main duties of the job
- Provide a high standard of Physiotherapy within the CRS services.
- Participate in the development of the CRS Service in the community and within the Community hospital bedded environments.
- To provide advice regarding the rehabilitation management of patients to families, carers and other members of the MDT.
- Provide support, guidance and training to Senior Rehabilitation assistants, Rehabilitation Assistants, and students.
- Responsible for a varied caseload of patients? optimising their physical and emotional wellbeing through a preventative and empowering approach.
- Act as Clinical Supervisor and undertake Managerial Supervision, including Appraisal of supervisees.
The Community Rehab Service is a small friendly team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Apprentices, Assistant Practitioners, Rehab Assistants and Pharmacy Technicians. We all work very closely with the District Nurses, Community Mental Health, Rapid Response and Discharge To Assess within the South Somerset Neighbourhood, providing an integrated approach to rehabilitation.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
This role is based primarily in the community providing goal focused rehabilitation to a variety of individuals of all ages within the South Somerset Neighbourhood.
The responsibilities of this post are within the job description and as stated above. They include completing thorough physical assessments, and formulating patient specific treatment plans and supporting patients through their rehabilitation journeys. This is done as a wider team approach.
Person Specification Essential and Desirable Essential
- BSc/MSc in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registered
- Evidence of CPD
- MDT Working
- UK Driving Licence and Access to a car
- Desire to work in Somerset
- Community Experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.