Band 5 Staff Nurse : Intensive Support Team, Darwin Centre:
Are you passionate about nursing? Would you like to make a difference or take on a new challenge? North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Staff Nurse to join our Intensive Support Team at the Darwin Centre. We are looking for highly motivated, dynamic and passionate individuals to drive our clinical pathways forward. If you have a real passion for nursing, and are looking for an exciting, fast moving clinical field to develop your skills, we'd love to hear from you
The Service will be based at the Darwin Centre, our Tier 4 CAMHS Inpatient Unit, and will provide support across the community setting delivering intensive interventions and support to young people in their own homes and helping them access the best possible care packages to prevent or shorten their length of inpatient admission.
Main duties of the job
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of care and for the supervision of non-registered staff who are carrying out all aspects of the caring process. The post-holder will assist in setting and maintaining standards of care, whilst maintaining effective integration with the multi-disciplinary team and assist with the facilitation of a collaborative approach to patient focussed care.
Our vision is 'To be Outstanding in all we do and how we do it.' Our team prides themselves on compassion, team work and resilience.
The Team will offer a full induction package.
Our Trust is on an incredible journey of innovation and we'd like you to be part of it. To excel you will be an enthusiastic, caring and compassionate person who is looking to work within a Trust that is ambitious to perform well and has been told by the Care Quality Commission that it is the fastest improving Mental Health Trust in the Country.
In return we offer;
A competitive progressive salary
We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
Individual Personal Development Plan and Career Progression
Excellent pension scheme available
27- 33 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays (pro rata)
Job description Job responsibilities
- To administer and manage medicines according to policy and local protocol. To assess patient response and provide advice and education to junior staff and both patient and carers in respect of prescribed medicines.
- Provide support and guidance to junior or less experienced staff in the planning and delivery of care.
- Maintain the therapeutic milieu, taking a proactive approach, supervising and supporting others in the same. Planning clinical activity in accordance with the needs of the service.
- Taking prompt action on changes in condition, liaising with other members of the clinical (Multi-disciplinary) team when necessary, reviewing nursing care and communicating any amendments to the care delivery.
- Develop skills in respect of specific interventions that are appropriate to the clinical area, act as a lead in developing nursing practice in relation to this.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Valid nursing (RMN) registered qualification
- Regularly manage the clinical area in the absence of senior staff
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.