An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Band 6 care co-ordinator to join our team. We are looking for a versatile, motivated, committed and experienced mental health nurse to work with adults under the age of 65 who are living with a functional and/or organic illness.
We are a supportive, experienced and highly motivated multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate would be, committed to work within the recovery model and dedicated to improve the well-being of service users and their carers'.
Main duties of the job
As a member of the team you will manage the holistic needs of people on your case load, undertaking a range of assessments, provide a range of psychosocial interventions. As a care coordinator you will also take responsibility for commissioning care using Local Authority systems and procedure.
You can expect to receive
- Monthly supervision
- Comprehensive induction
- Regular training from both the UHB and Local Authority
- A commitment to support you in your own personal development
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
About us Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission isCaring for People, Keeping People Well,
and ourvision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiffand the Vale offers the best of both worlds.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Relevant degree level qualification
- Evidence of post- registration continuing professional development activity
- Evidence of experience in clinical practice within the area of speciality
- Experience of working within a multi-agency community mental health setting
- Organisational ability and time management skills
- Clinical assessment and formulation skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keyboard/word processing skills
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Demonstrable post-registration knowledge through experience as a qualified mental health nurse
- attendance of formal/informal specialist courses/training
- able to work autonomously in the community
- Ability to demonstrate sound clinical knowledge and awareness of current evidence base relevant to the area of practice
- Sound working knowledge of the legal and policy framework underpinning mental health service provision
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures for children and adults
- Experience of delivering psychosocial interventions /CBT and /or experience of postgraduate psychosocial skills training.
PERSONAL QUALITIES Essential
- Flexibility. Ability to work under pressure Able to work on own initiative
- Able to travel in a timely manner to undertake the duties of the post at various locations.
- Ability to speak Welsh or another language
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.