We are seeking to recruit a passionate, knowledgeable and dynamic Eating Disorder Duty Practitioner to join our Specialist Sussex-Wide Family Eating Disorder Service (SFEDS). SFEDS works with young people aged 10-18 with Anorexia Nervosa/ Bulimia Nervosa and Atypical Anorexia Nervosa and their families, and supports recovery through Evidence Based Interventions such as Maudsley Family Therapy models, group work, and E-CBT. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality evidenced based treatment in accordance with NICE Guidelines and National Access and Waiting Time Standards.
You will be joining a service of highly skilled and experienced Family and Systemic Psychotherapists, Psychiatry, Paediatrician, Clinical Psychology and Assistant Psychologists, Nurses, Support Workers, Dietitian, and Social Workers with support from an outstanding administration team. Our team is responsible for covering all of Sussex with Crawley Down Health Centre as the main team hub.
Main duties of the job
- To triage and screen new referrals into the service - contacting referrers and families to discuss referral and acceptance.
- To undertake assessments of new referrals to the Specialist Community Eating Disorders Team.
- To take on role as Lead practitioner via Duty
- To liaise with Paediatric wards in relation to young people
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
We provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people and adults across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Working in Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns there's always new experiences to be enjoyed
- Embrace the city life with great access to visit Brighton and London
- With easy access to Gatwick and Heathrow and excellent railway links across the UK there is plenty of opportunity for adventure
We'd love you to join our organisation that is rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the Care Quality Commission. Our staff agree, with 82% of people in our recent staff survey telling us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Other key staff survey results include:
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work within their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
Job description Job responsibilities REQUIREMENTS
In order to be a successful Eating Disorder Duty Practitioner clinician in our team you will be:
- A Registered Mental Health Nurse OR Family Therapist, Qualified Psychotherapist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, or Psychologist
- Comfortable in assessing and providing intervention and treatment for young people with eating disorders
- Experienced in working with people presenting with mental health problems
It would also be advantageous if you have:
- Experienced within an Eating Disorders team/ service
SPFT staff have the capacity to work from home remotely where applicable and in agreement with your line manager.
Part-time hours can be considered Minimum 22.5 hrs per week. MAIN DUTIES
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- To assess level of urgency of referrals and to prioritise response accordingly.
- To be involved in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients with eating disorders in the community, to hold CPA responsibility where the eating disorder is the prime diagnosis and liaise closely with other health care professionals to ensure a consistent approach.
- To act as an Eating Disorders Service Lead Practitioner for patients requiring liaison with other services.
Please apply using the link in this advert, or for more information explore the attachments or contact:
Janine Chan - SFEDS Clinical Service Manager Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org /07786 274803 or Kamala Persaud Lead Clinician and Principal Systemic Psychotherapist Kamala.Persaud@sussexpartnership.nhs.uk /07391010454
(We are happy to arrange informal visits currently Covid dependant)
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oProfessional health Care qualification
- oTraining in a psychological treatment appropriate to eating disorders
- oPrevious experience of delivering psychological therapy to people with eating disorders
- oAbility to work effectively in a Multi Professional Team
- oKnowledge of up-to-date evidence based interventions for eating disorders
- oEffective interpersonal skills and ability to network with PCTs, and other agencies
- oTherapeutic skills in engaging and working with clients with complex needs
- oAbility to reflect on practice and be committed to the use of supervision
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.