Are you a Consultant Psychiatrist looking for a new and exciting opportunity to be a clinical leader at the forefront of shaping mental health services?
AWP is a large mental health Trust dedicated to the delivery of high quality clinical care. We are an exciting and innovative NHS organisation with performance and service improvement high on our agenda.
This full time role is an exciting opportunity to join the Complex Interventions Treatments Team (CITT) in Swindon. CITT is a well-established team in the locality providing services to older adults in the community. It is a multidisciplinary team benefiting with expertise provided by Psychiatric nurses, social workers and a clinical psychologist. The team caseload is tightly managed to give adequate time for this complex patient group
Swindon is strategically located on the M4 corridor within easy commuting distance to London, Bath and Bristol. It is surrounded by beautiful rural countryside in Wiltshire and is within driving distance of the Cotswolds. It is a bustling multicultural town with major offices of the banking and the IT industry. It has lower unemployment rates and has access to high quality schooling, healthcare and leisure facilities.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and supportive group of consultants already practicing in the locality. The post holder will be expected to work in a flexible manner with a dynamic team whilst continuing to develop professionally
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be expected to provide medical reviews to patients open to the CIT Team. The post holder will participate in team meetings, provide consultant support to nursing staff working within the team and participate in quality improvement activity to provide high quality care to patients open to the team.
The post holder will act as the Responsible Clinician to patients open to the team and as an Approved Clinician for patients open to the team detained under the Mental Health Act
The post holder will be expected to participate in regular CPD activity. These include a combination of in-house weekly sessions and external funded events. In addition there is an opportunity to participate in research carried out at the Kingshill research centre ( KRC). KRC is a leader in innovation and research carrying out several phase three trials for medication used in the treatment of dementia and depression and is physically located at the Victoria Centre
About us We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)
a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months of gaining CCT
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- CCT in Old Age Psychiatry
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in an inpatient/community setting.
Personal Skills Essential
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Clinical Skills Essential
- Ability to assess and treat psychiatric problems in Adults of working age and to deal with crisis situations.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
Research and Audit Essential
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project.
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.