In line with the government's priority to increase access and availability of mental health and wellbeing support for children and young people, the new Mental Health Support Teams (MHST) are an exciting opportunity to deliver evidence-based early interventions for children and young people, working across both educational settings and healthcare sectors in England. Successful candidates will be employed on by Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust and based within Havant.
This position is for qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapists (CBT) to offer High Intensity interventions within the MHSTs as well as offering oversight and supervision of the low intensity Education Mental Health Practitioners (EMHPs)
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Main duties of the job
To work as a member of the Mental Health Support Teams in schools, providing a high quality, specialist psychological therapy service to young people, their families or carers. In addition, to support psychological practice within the team by communicating effectively about the psychological care of young people, by contributing to the supervision of Education Mental Health Practitioners and trainees, as well as less experienced psychological therapists, and by participating in systematic clinical governance.
By coming to work at Hampshire CAMHS you would be joining Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust which has a national reputation for research, where services recognise that research underpins its commitment to providing high quality and innovative clinical care.
Hampshire CAMHS is committed to exploring ways of providing timely, locally delivered, high quality and effective interventions. These aim to maximize mental health and maintain children and young people within their home and educational environment. Hampshire CAMHS places supervision of its staff as a priority. It also uses audits, evaluations and routine outcome measures to continuously improve our service.
Job description Job responsibilities
Deliver evidence-based interventions for children and young people in education settings with mild to moderate mental health problems
Helping children and young people within these settings who present with more severe problems to rapidly access more specialist services
Supporting/facilitating staff in education settings to identify and where appropriate manage issues related to mental health and wellbeing
Working with and within education environments to afford better access to specialist mental health services
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Recognised professional training in a psychological therapy as specified in the appendix
- Professionally registered as specified in the Appendix
- Qualified and accredited in delivery of a specialist psychological therapy (assessment, formulation and treatment), across a range of presenting problems maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Demonstrable competence in the delivery of a psychological therapy and a track record of delivering positive outcomes in this therapy
- Experience of representing psychological therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary care and NHS settings
- Experience of working with the children and young people, their families and others.
- Knowledge of guidance and legislation in relation to the client group.
- Knowledge of the theory, practice and evidence base of specialist psychological therapy as specified in the appendix, as applied to the client group using this service.
- Experience of the application of psychological therapy in different cultural contexts and experience of working within a multicultural framework.
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development as required by the professional registration/accrediting body specified in the appendix.
- Knowledge of educational environments
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.