Due to the success of a number of our Senior Assistant Psychologists gaining places on the Clinical Psychology Doctorate, we have opportunities in 4 of our teams within Hampshire CAMHS. All full time (37.5hrs) in the following Specialist CAMHS teams New Forest/Aldershot/Early Help North (Covering Basingstoke & Aldershot) and Fareham & Gosport
We are looking to recruit those who are highly motivated, with a passion for working creatively and collaboratively with children, young people and their families with complex mental health needs and evidence based interventions.
Excellent team working, independent organisational skills and clinical curiosity are essential components to the post.
These are permanent posts and are part of a wider, well established network of Psychologists within the county where professional development and innovative work is actively encouraged.
This is a great time to join the team and be part of building a creative and innovative service for young people with significant mental health and behavioural difficulties.
Please note that if we have a high number of applicants for this post we will close applications early.
Main duties of the job
The role will identify and deliver relevant treatments and interventions; liaising where appropriate with families, carers and the professional network, the candidate willbe able to demonstrate a good level of initiative and an ability to work with a range of different presenting needs.
The post holder will be regularly supervised by a qualified applied HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist. The successful candidate would be required to assist the team and undertake projects relating to service development and evaluation.
There will be the opportunity to undertake direct and indirect clinical work under supervision from a qualified psychologist. This role will have a strong focus on supporting clinical work within the service supporting clinicians undertaking Autistic Spectrum Condition Assessments. Candidates with previous experiences in these areas are desirable.
The post-holder will also be participating in additional activities including school observations, co-facilitating groups and supporting the collection and analysis of outcome data.
The following are Testimonials from our outgoing Senior AP's
'My role as a Senior Assistant Psychologist at New Forest CAMHS is full of variety. I have a hands-on role within our Neurodevelopmental Pathway by assisting with Autism Assessments, conducting ADHD assessments and overseeing the diagnostic process within the team. I spend a lot of time with parents, schools and young people throughout their assessment process to be able to truly understand the young person's needs. I have been able to train in different therapeutic interventions which I deliver at both an individual and group level to young people experiencing mental health difficulties.
There is also the opportunity to work on innovative new projects within my role, such as helping with the developmental of a digital mental health service, designing new groups to be implemented and working on other quality improvement projects'
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Hampshire CAMHS. I have had the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients and I've learnt so much since starting my role. I feel that my supervisor and manager has taken my CPD needs seriously and helped me in furthering my clinical skills. It has been a very rewarding job, and I wouldn't hesitate to come back to this team once I have finished my further training.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Job description Job responsibilities
See attached job description for more detailed information with regard to the role and responsibility of this permanent full time post
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Honours degree at 2:1 or above in Psychology, or equivalent. Eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartership with the BPS
- Further post graduate training in relevant area of professional psychology, health and social care practice, and / or research design and analysis
Knowledge & Experience Essential
- Experience of working with Adults and or Children in a Health, including Learning Disabilities, or Mental Health setting and or work with people with complex needs
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Relevant clinical and research skills
- Basic knowledge of databases, research skills and methodology
- Ability to apply existing psychological knowledge to a health context
- An understanding of psychology applied to health care
- Experience of Inpatient Settings
- Experience of teaching other professionals
Communication Skills Essential
- To be able to provide and receive complex sensitive or contentious information in a potentially highly emotive atmosphere. To be able to work with resistance to ideas.
- To be able to communicate effectively under pressure and maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times
Organisational Skills Essential
- Capable of using initiative and organise work to agreed goals. Ability to work independently and know when to ask for and use supervision, identifying when there is need for advice and using supervision at agreed intervals
- Ability to be flexible and cope with multiple demands
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.