Substance Misuse Titration Nurse
We have an exciting job opportunity for a Band 6 Substance Misuse Titration Nurse to join our established and highly energetic clinical and psychosocial team in Haringey. We are looking for a suitably qualified nurse to join our multi-disciplinary team with a strong commitment to providing safe, effective and high quality treatment with a client centered approach.
The Grove is a Substance Misuse Service which is run by Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust, in partnership with Humankind. The team operates from Bruce Grove to provide a wide range of clinical interventions including, substitute prescribing, onsite dispensing, community detox and health and wellbeing clinics, as well as a menu of psychological and psychosocial interventions such as psychology, community care assessments, a club drug clinic, and a range of interventions to non-opiate users. Interview Date: 22nd August 2022
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as a member of a multidisciplinary disciplinary specialist drug team, providing information, advice, assessment, caseload management, physical health checks and blood borne virus screening, vaccinations and treatment. One of the main remits of the posts is the initiation of clients onto opiate substitute medication, via observed administration in our onsite care clinic.
The post holder will hold a relevant qualification and will have experience of working within a community substance misuse service and opiate substitute prescribing.
BEHMHT is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London with over 3000 staff delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million. In Enfield, we provide a full range of child and adult community health services, which over the last few years has been integrating with its mental health services to provide better and more holistic care. BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS) which delivers MH care across some of the prisons and provides MH services as HM Young Offenders Institutions in Aylesbury. We are rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. We have also been appointed as the lead provider of forensic mental health services across North London managing the devolved New Models of care budget of £170m from 2018/19.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification for more details about the role and requirements by clicking on the link attached.
Person Specification EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- First Level Registered Nurse (RMN/RGN))
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Extensive post-registration qualification experience in mental health, acute, or primary care settings.
- Experience of titration/dose induction
- Extensive experience of working with those affected by substance misuse
- Experience of assessment of drug and alcohol users with complex needs.
- Experience of keyworking/working with clients in substitute prescribing treatment
- Experience of complex case management in a community setting
- Experience of providing primary health care (RGN) or mental health care (RMN) and promoting good health amongst those affected by substance misuse
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Essential
- Basic counselling skills
- The ability to quickly respond to changing and unpredictable service user behaviour and manage situations accordingly.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.