This is an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Psychologist to join a thriving CAMHS team.
Basingstoke CAMHS is a friendly and innovative team working with high levels of complexity and risk. You would join a strong multidisciplinary team offering interventions to children, young people and families.
You would contribute to core CAMHS work, including initial assessments, lead practitioner work and supporting the Duty system, in addition to offering specialist Clinical Psychology interventions. You will have the opportunity to become involved in delivering evidence-based groups, contributing to stepped care pathways.
You will offer clinical supervision, as the team includes an undergraduate psychology placement student, and assistant psychologist and Trainee Clinical Psychologists on placement..
You will receive regular supervision from a Senior Clinical Psychologist in the team, and will have access to training opportunities offered by Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Main duties of the job
You will provide supervision to trainees, assistant psychologists and other clinical staff. There will be ongoing opportunities for innovation, service development, leadership and developing close working relationships across the service as well as with partners agencies, in order to support young people and families.
The attached job description describes in detail the main duties of the role. Please review this prior to your application.
The Basingstoke team is an energetic and supportive multidisciplinary team within Hampshire CAMHS.
Hampshire CAMHS is an innovative service for children and families. We are part of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
We have 7 community teams across the county, as well as a number of specialist teams - single point of access and Early Help service, the specialist Eating Disorder Service, i2i - our urgent assessment and home treatment team and Mental Health Support Teams in schools. We are in the process of enhancing and further developing our service, having recently secured significant investment from our commissioners. This includes the creation of a paediatric psychiatric liaison service and creating a brand new blended digital and face to face team.
There is a solid structure for Clinical Psychology within the local team and the wider Trust and you would have the opportunity to contribute to the leadership and development of psychology.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please consult the attached job description and person specification for all information relating to the role.
As part of your application you must ensure you have detailed how your experience meets the relevant criteria.
This role requires professional registration; you cannot be shortlisted for this position without professional registration.
Person Specification Essential critieria Essential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology [or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or outside the UK], including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as approved by the HPC
- Professionally registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Experience of specialist psychological working (assessment, formulation and treatment) with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care, inpatient and residential care settings, maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse
- Doctoral level knowledge of research design and methodology, including complex multivariate data analysis as practiced within the field of applied psychology
- Knowledge and skills in neuropsychology.
- Experience of the application of applied psychology in different cultural contexts and experience of working within a multicultural framework.
- Evidence of continuing professional development as required by the HPC
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.