The opportunity has arisen within The EPUT NHS Trust Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Team at Bishop's Stortford for a Band 5 MSK Physiotherapist with Band 6 career developmental opportunities.
There will be the opportunity to rotate if the successful candidate wishes to broaden experience. Rotations at MSK Physiotherapy (acute post operative) at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow and Community Physiotherapy . In Addition, we can offer opportunities to shadow Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners (APPs) , First Contact Practitioners (FCPs), Podiatry, Podiatric Surgery and Patient Appliances.
In addition to developing managerial skills the post holder will be able to continue to develop their clinical skills through working with Highly Specialised Physiotherapists and Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners. Training will consist of both internal training and external courses.
EPUT is part of the NHS England First Contact Practitioner (FCP) national pilot, with plans to develop this service further. This is likely to offer further clinical opportunities in your future development.
West Essex is a diverse area stretching northwards from its boundary with Greater London into the heart of rural Essex. Transport links are excellent, with access to London Underground in the south and the M11 and M25 close to hand.
Flexible working will be considered.
For an informal discussion please contact :
Emma Hutley (Team Lead/Band 7 Physiotherapist)
Main duties of the job
Main Duties of the Job
- To contribute to a high standard of patient care using Physiotherapy skills to effectively assess, treat, and monitor patients on your caseload.
- To interact with colleagues from health and other agencies as appropriate in each area of work to gain broader understanding of their roles, and enhance patient care.
- To consolidate prior knowledge and to ensure continued development of a broad range of clinical skills in musculoskeletal outpatients.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
Join our Staff bank
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
Band 5 MSK Physiotherapist working in MSK Physiotherapy. Will assess and treat patients with musculoskeletal conditions. Will manage own caseload with support of band 6 and 7 MSK physiotherapists.
Person Specification Essentail/Desirable from Person Spec Essential
- Graduate in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- HCPC Membership
- Wide range of clinical placements and experiences as a student in NHS (including MSK placement)
- Good understanding of a range of MSK conditions
Essential and Desirable Criteria Essential
- Good concise English evidenced on application form
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.