We are looking to appoint a permanent full time Band 7 Clinical Psychologist to our Core CAMHS team in East Riding. The core team covers anxiety, low mood, self-harm and trauma referrals and is a multidisciplinary team consisting of Clinical Psychologists, Creative Therapist, Family Therapists, CBT Therapists, Specialist Nurses, Consultant Child Psychiatrist, Administrators and Support workers. The post holder will be expected to work both autonomously and as part of a team to provide assessments, formulations, treatment plans and interventions to children, young people and families presenting with a range of complex and severe mental health difficulties. Successful applicants will have access to regular supervision and support from experienced Clinical Psychologists working within the service. The core CAMH service is currently working with commissioners on developing a trauma informed service specification which will be the first of its kind in England. We have also recently set up a DBT service across CAMHS.
Main duties of the job
To be accountable in own area of responsibility to provide psychological care and professional direction, ensuring the delivery of evidence based psychological interventions and practice.
To continue to demonstrate specialist psychological skills in practice and provide support and advice re service development/development and implementation of specialist psychological interventions, and the delivery of care in partnership with service users, carers, staff, managers and other agencies across Core CAMHS in East Riding.
To undertake research and development initiatives relative to the clinical area, aiding the research and development of assistant clinical psychologists.
To contribute to appropriate training, teaching and supervision of other staff including assistant and trainee psychologists
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale and Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of our patients and service users.
To find out more about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our Trust website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialties to change lives every day. We're extremely proud of our Trust community and we know you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to staff development to ensure the delivery of high quality, person-centred and compassionate care to patients. We value our staff and invest in them to ensure they have the right skills and competencies to deliver outstanding care.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information with regard to this vacancy please see the attached job description and person spec.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Post-graduate doctoral level of training in clinical psychology or equivalent as accredited by the BPS
- To hold and maintain current professional registration in line with HCPC
- Skills in providing consultation and specialist advice to other professional and non-professional groups
- Post-doctoral training in one or more specialised areas of psychology practice
- Advanced/expert understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and audits within identified clinical area.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency context
- Experience of the application of psychology in different cultural contexts
- Experience of teaching, training and/or clinical supervision
- oEffective inter-personal skills and experience in supervising and mentoring and teaching
- oGood time management skills
- oAble to demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels i.e. strategically and locally
- oBe able to demonstrate leadership/project management skills at an advanced level
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.