We are delighted to be able to advertise a full-time Band 7 CBT position within the Home Treatment Team. Reduced hours would also be considered if requested at interview stage.
The successful candidates will be joining the team at an exciting times for Crisis Services in HMR.
As we look to embed Core Fidelity Services in HMR, you will play a vital part, working closely with a broad MDT to provide outstanding care to people living in HMR experiencing mental health crisis.
As a service providing alternatives to admission, you will work closely with patients and carers to avoid hospital admission, facilitate early discharge and provide intensive interventions in a community setting.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide a qualified specialist Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) assessment and therapy service to service users within the Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale Home Treatment Team
The post holder will also provide advice, consultation and supervision as required to other mental health professionals on cognitive behaviour therapy.
The post holder will also participate in ongoing service developments within the service.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. Were really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure were a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
Person Specification Essential and Desirable Essential
- Core Mental Health Professional qualification
- Qualification in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to Post-graduate Diploma Level
- Accreditation or actively seeking accreditation with the BABCP
- Short courses and experience to MSc level
- Experience of CBT assessment and therapy of clients in adult mental health settings
- Significant experience of clinical work in mental health covering clients with a range of complex presentations and across the age range
- Significant experience of receiving CBT supervision
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working.
- High level knowledge of theory and practice of CBT
- Knowledge of routine/standard clinical outcome measures
- Well developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Skills in providing clinical advice to other professional and non-professional staff
- IT skills to use computers for communication, data management and writing reports
- Ability to demonstrate developing self-care skills
- Ability to b flexible in seeing the service user in the most appropriate setting for treating their problems
- Ability to self-reflect and use supervision appropriately
- Ability to use CPD to develop skills in autonomous professional working
- Use of car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
- Willingness to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Experience of the application of CBT in different cultural contexts
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision
- Experience of providing/working in therapeutic groups
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to client group
- Knowledge of evidence based treatment guidelines
- Basic working knowledge of other psychological therapies
- Skills in audit
- Skills in producing relevant self-help and progress monitoring tools
- Ability to cope and deal with distressing and complex information
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.