We are looking for a confident Nurse Associate with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
You'll be working 38.5 hours a week making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care at Cygnet Hospital DerbyMain duties of the job
At Cygnet, we support our people to grow their careers, gain new skills and keep stepping up.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every dayAbout us
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs, autism and learning disabilities within the UK.
We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Our expert and highly dedicated care team of 10,000 employees empower 2864 individuals across 150 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for a full time Nurse Associate to join our low secure and mental health rehabilitation service based in Derby.
You will be working 38.5 hours per week atCygnet Hospital Derby.
Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model. We have an opportunity for a Nurse Associate to join us within any of our wards, including Litchurch Ward, our male low secure ward, and the Wyvern Unit, our mental health rehabilitation service for men. As well as Alvaston Ward, our specialist low secure service for women with a primary diagnosis of personality disorder, which is one of the leading services of its kind in the East and West Midlands.
You will work independently under the leadership of Registered Nurses, to provide holistic and person centred care and support for service users. You will deliver hands on care for patients as part of the nursing team.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others every day.Your Day-to-Day
Why Cygnet? Well offer you
- Support the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care planning & risk assessments with service users on admission and at appropriate intervals and under supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Ensure all interventions are documented clearly and comprehensively in clinical notes, care plans, risk assessments and other under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Undertake medication administration duties in-line with the NMC code, Cygnet Health Cares policies, and own professional sphere of competence.
- Completing safe and therapeutic observation and engagement duties in line with relevant Cygnet Health Care policies.
- Practice in line with Cygnet Health Cares organisational values; (Care, Respect, Empower, Trust, and Integrity).
- You will work within the NMC code of conduct, acting in the best interests of people you care for
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Bank Holidays enhancements at 66%
- 2 Week Induction Period
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
- Plus many more
- A Registered Nursing Associate on the NMC Register
- Educated to a minimum level 5 Foundation degree level specific to nursing associate practice
- Understanding of the scope of the role of the Nursing Associate in context of the nursing and interdisciplinary team and the organisation, and how the role may contribute to service development
- Experience of working in teams under appropriate supervision as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills IT skills appropriate to the role
Click apply or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationGeneral RequirementsEssential
- Please refer to job description above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to job description above
Cygnet Health Care Address
DE24 8WZEmployer's website
https://www.cygnethealth.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.