We have an exciting opportunity to join our Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy team based at The Princess of Wales Community Hospital in Bromsgrove. This post is for 22.5 hours.
We pride ourselves in providing outstanding care to patients across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We will provide you with resources to develop and progress a long-term career as well as flexibility, continual professional development as well as a wide range of wellbeing and support.
We have a robust In-service training programme with includes monthly IST, clinical supervision and journal club alongside county wide training sessions and courses. Our Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners work alongside our core Physiotherapy team and support with our training programme.
If you would like to discuss informally if this is the right role for you, get in touch with Recruiting Manager which can be found on the top right-hand side of the advert.
Main duties of the job
You will be working as part of a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy team, alongside other Physiotherapists, Physio assistants and Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners. You will also need to link in with the wider MDT across various platforms.
You will be required to manage a varied caseload of musculoskeletal conditions including orthopaedic, post-surgical and chronic conditions. As a member of the team you will have an active part in training junior members of staff and students on placements.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community nursing services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Undertake physiotherapy assessments and treatment of patients who may have highly complex and acute / chronic presentation, to determine clinical diagnosis and physiotherapy treatments needed, and to maintain records as an autonomous practitioner.
- Formulate individualised management and treatment plans using clinical reasoning and utilise a wide range of treatment skills and options to deliver specialised programmes of care.
- Educate and train physiotherapists, health care professionals, physiotherapy students, carers and assistants in physiotherapeutic management. This includes contribution to CPD of the MDT.
- Accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients, to organise / triage this efficiently and effectively regarding clinical priorities and use of time.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Diploma / Degree in Physiotherapy
- HPC registration
- Evidence of relevant (post Graduate) courses / CPD maintained in portfolio
- Experience working as a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
- Experience at Band 5 level
- 2 years post graduate experience
- Previous experience at Band 6 level
- Experience working in NHS
- Experience of supervision of junior staff or students.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.