This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience working as a Specialist MSK Physiotherapist (Band 6) within NHFT's secured services sector,.
You would be required to work at HMP Littlehey and HMP Peterborough and both sites are managed by the physiotherapy pathway lead. The services normal working pattern is Monday-Friday only and working days are negotiable.
Main duties of the job
As in the community, our MSK Physiotherapy service within the secured setting treats a wide range of MSK conditions such as: spinal, peripheral, orthopaedic, rheumatological, chronic pain, sports and MSK injuries . We receive referrals directly from patients, onsite GP's and other allied healthcare professionals.
Within this role you will be responsible for providing high quality specialist physiotherapy assessment and treatment to patients with complex musculoskeletal conditions, to include prioritising referrals and managing a full caseload.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Education & Qualifications Essential
- Professional qualification, Bsc Physiotherapy or pre reg Msc Physiotherapy or equivalent
- HCPC registration as Physiotherapist
- Evidence of Post graduate CPD
- Evidence of undertaking regular supervision and appraisals
- Member of CSP.
- Portfolio evidence of learning
- Post graduate qualifications
Knowledge & Understanding Essential
- Up to date with professional practice and research
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implication for services including quality and audit
- Understanding of legal responsibilities
- Ability to comprehend and work within the Trusts policies.
- The ability to deal with difficult emotional and social circumstances, including patients who have been given poor prognosis
- Specialist knowledge within MSK physiotherapy supported by relevant experience, including assessment, intervention and best practice guidelines, evidence based practice.
- Specific knowledge of MSK physiotherapy approaches for area of special interest
- Understanding of clinical audit and service improvement strategies and experience of these
- Awareness of National strategic NHS directives and the implications for Physiotherapy.
- Membership of Interest Groups relevant to clinical interest
- Experience of working as a Junior Physiotherapist or equivalent in an MSK setting
- Experience of managing a diverse caseload of MSK patients, including primary care (GP) referrals and Orthopaedic (Consultant) referrals
- Rotational experience including at least Orthopaedics & MSK
- Supervision experience of support staff i.e physiotherapy assistants, or work experience students
- Experience of leading, organising and running a rehabilitation exercise class.
- Varied Band 5 rotational experience
- Static MSK experience as Band 5
- Band 6 MSK experience
- NHS experience
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Able to present information written and orally in a clear and logical manner
- Good organiser and delegator. Flexible working practices
- Be able to cope with demands of a busy department including prioritisation
- Able to assist others in learning
- Skilled clinical reasoning abilities
- The skills and abilities to give IST and to appraise relevant research
- Teaching and Presentational skills and a willingness to share professional learning and knowledge to colleagues to support collaborative learning of the team as a whole
- Able to motivate others and take the lead as necessary.
- Ability to organise training
- Evidence of participation in research / audit
- Use of video call technology
Other Qualities & Attributes Essential
- Good communicator
- Team worker
- Professional Appearance
- Professional and respectful attitude to others
- An ability to provide constructive feedback and receive feedback in a professional manner
- Assertive and able to manage conflict, challenging negative behaviour/raise concerns where appropriate
- Be able to drive and access to a car
- Able to carry out moderate to intense physical activity throughout the working day, including the ability to bend, stoop and manoeuvre equipment on an ongoing basis
- Experience of managing complaints
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.