Senior Occupational Therapist, Darwin Centre:
Do you want to be part of an innovative and collaborative Team? We are looking for applicants for a Senior Occupational Health post. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and drive some exciting developments within a complex and fast-paced environment. You will be supported by the Team to ensure we continue to maintain high quality, patient focused services in line with our national and locally agreed targets.
The Service will be based at the Darwin Centre, our Tier 4 CAMHS Inpatient Unit.
Main duties of the job
North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust aims to provide accessible, non-stigmatising local services. The Senior Occupational Therapist has a lead role in promoting, enhancing and maintaining the health and wellbeing of patients on the Darwin Centre.
Our vision is 'To be Outstanding in all we do and how we do it.' Our teams pride themselves on compassion, team work and resilience.
As an employee and representative of the Trust, you are required to demonstrate and uphold the Trust's Values. These are:
Proud to CARE:
Caring with compassion, it's about how we listen, what we say, what we do.
Friendly, welcoming, sharing ideas and being open
Taking personal and collective responsibility, being accountable for our actions
Striving for the best, for high-quality safe care and continually improving
A competitive salary
We cover the cost of your DBS Check
Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
Individual Personal Development Plan and Career Progression
Excellent pension scheme available
27- 33 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays (pro rata)
Job description Job responsibilities
- Be a member of the Team, demonstrating the ability to make decisions and influence the development of services, and work with clients in a variety of health / community settings.
- Participate in the development of an evolving Specialist Directorate.
- To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of occupational therapy services within a designated area / team holding responsibility for a defined caseload and projects.
- Effectively manage and prioritise a designated caseload
- Will be required to teach staff including both students and qualified and unqualified team members.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Appropriate professional qualification Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Hold Health and Care Professional Standards of Proficiency for Occupational Therapists (HCPC) Registration.
- Minimum of two years post graduate experience within the role of Occupational Therapist.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.