This is an exciting opportunity to shape adult mental health rehabilitation work in In-patient Rehabilitation Services in East Kent. The service has an OUTSTANDING CQC rating. You will provide psychological intervention to two in-patient rehab units : Grove & Rivendell.
The Rehabilitation teams value a psychological approach to service delivery so you can be assured of a warm welcome to the service. Further professional development & service related research will be supported and encouraged.
Main duties of the job
You will join the multi-professional teams in delivering the rehabilitation program in line with evidenced based practice. Your goal will be to assist individuals with severe mental health problems to re-establish their lives in the community. The post offers opportunity for individual therapy with psychosis and other co-morbid difficulties, DBT, group work & family work. There will be opportunities to offer reflective practice & facilitate team case formulation sessions. Joint working & teaching to staff on psychological approaches will also be an expectation.
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Job description Job responsibilities
To participate in the provision of psychological services to adults with severe and enduring mental health difficulties within the East Rehabilitation Service.
- To be responsible for the systematic provision of a Specialist Psychology Service to clients with complex and longstanding mental health difficulties .
- To undertake high quality direct (assessment and therapeutic) and indirect (consultative, advisory and evaluative) specialist psychology interventions
- To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team supporting care planning & risk management.
We welcome applications from both newly qualified and experience clinicians. We can offer regular high quality supervision and the opportunity to develop your skills and work creatively with service users.
Please see Job description or please contact us for more details for this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Professional Registration & additional training
- Years of experience/across age groups
- Experience in NHS
- Experience in severe mental health/psychosis
- Experience in MDT
- Experience in groupwork/family work
- Experience in psychometric testing
- Experience in rehabilitation
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Different models of intervention/CBT/CRT
- Communication skills
- Recovery/rehab/psychosis policies
- Reflective Practice/teaching/audit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.