Newham Specialist Psychotherapies service (SPS) is a vibrant psychotherapies service in the heart of East London. This post is within the Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CBT) team. Thecandidate will join professional colleagues committed and dedicated to delivering a wide range of therapies.
The post holder will work autonomously delivering specialist CBT interventions to serviceusers with complex needs. There will be opportunities to develop indirect work, supervisionand teaching skills.
The post holder will work both working the CBT team Secondary Care Psychological Services(SPS) and across the Primary Care Networks (PCN's). There are opportunities to develop areas of interest such as group interventions for trauma, working with OCD presentations andintegrating third wave CBT approaches.
We welcome applicants looking to work part time or job share.
Main duties of the job
To hold a caseload of both individual and group work, to deliver Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CBT), to provide supervision where appropriate, to deliver consultation and training and to liaise where necessary with the wider network of care across the borough in both primary and secondary care. To conduct assessments for a wide range of therapies in the service. To attend meetings in the service and interface with systems and teams across the borough. To maintain high standards of record keeping and governance. To manage risk and complexity and to communicate effectively.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oClinical /Counselling Psychologist: Postgraduate Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS.OR Postgraduate Doctorate in Counselling Psychology. oOr a CBT Qualification from High Intensity IAPT Course (Post Graduate Diploma) or similar for accreditation with BABCP.
- oRegistered with the HCPC as a Practitioner Psychologist.
- oFormal qualification in CBT.
- oExperience of working with patients from moderate to complex mental health conditions.
- oAny experience providing teaching, training or supervision in CBT
- oExperience of delivering CBT to adults in a secondary care setting.
- oExperience delivering therapy through an interpreter.
- oExperience providing group treatments.
- oExperience working within a diverse cultural setting.
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oKnowledge of generic and specialist psychological assessments and range of therapeutic interventions required for people with mental health problems.
- oKnowledge pertinent to effective risk assessment and management.
- oKnowledge of CBT including the standard CBT treatment models for common mental disorders, and treatment outcomes and methods.
- oKnowledge of adapting standard models using individualised formulations.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.