We are seeking to recruit a Team Manager for the service. This post is an opportunity to help shape and manage the future inpatient service which will be based at Berkeley House.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the leadership skills to manage a large multidisciplinary team and appropriate clinical experience to provide clinical leadership.
You will need to be a qualified experienced Learning Disability or Mental Health Nurse with drive and ambition.
We would like to hear from you if you have the ability to demonstrate a 'can do' attitude, inspire and motivate others.
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date you have probably not been shortlisted.
Main duties of the job
Key elements of the job purpose are to:
- Lead the operational management and clinical oversight of the Service.
- Provide day to day management, leadership and line management to the team
- Oversee and ensure specialist assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for service users with complex Learning Disabilities with possible mental health conditions.
- Demonstrate enhanced competence in complex decision making, assessment and the management of clinical needs
- Collect and collate data / information effectively for the purpose of audit, research and service performance
- Work in partnership with service users, carers and other agencies to ensure effectiveness of outcomes
The Trust aims to recruit and retain the best possible staff who, through the application of their skills, qualification and experience, will make a positive contribution to our business of providing quality health care services. It is the Trust's view that the costs associated with moving house in order to take up a post with us should not restrict our ability to recruit the excellent people we need, therefore we support staff to relocate with our relocation policy.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document 'Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice' prior to applying for the role.
Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust are proud to have been recognised as a 'Veteran Aware Trust', evidencing the provision of the best care for Veterans and driving to improve the care for veterans and their families. Find out more about this by clicking on the link at the right hand side, titled 'Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance'.
Job description Job responsibilities The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Registered Nurse - Learning Disabilities RNLD or Mental Health (RNMH)
- Significant experience as a team leader or manager working within Learning Disabilities/Mental Health
- Formal Teaching and Assessing Certificate/ Qualification
- Other post registration courses
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCE Essential
- Experience of working in an in-patient setting at management level
- Previous experience supervising / managing staff, undertaking basic HR functions
- Experience of working with service users with complex care needs requiring higher levels of expertise
- Experience of audit, research and the application of evidence based practice
- Experience of teaching, assessing and developing training programmes
- Evidence of recent multi-disciplinary working
- Experience in working with people whes behaviour could be described as Challenging
- Experience in working with people on the n Autistic spectrum
PROFESSIONAL / MANAGERIAL / SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Detailed knowledge and ability to apply and teach risk management
- Up to date clinical knowledge including risk assessment, complex health and social care needs, Transforming Care agenda, positive behavioural support
- Awareness and understanding of contemporary development in learning disabilities
- Up to date mandatory training including Basic Life Support
- Excellent skills in relation to the clinical management of service users
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding on the Mental Health Act, MCA and legal aspects of Mental Health Care
- Ability to participate in Service Development Processes at a strategic level
- Experience of Mentoring Students
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.