Full-time/ part-time posts considered
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist with Specialist Neurological rehabilitation skills to be part of the established Community Neurological Rehabilitation Team in Central Lancashire.
Community Integrated Neighbourhood Teams and local GP practices. There will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to work with highly specialist Occupational Therapists and other members of the multi-disciplinary team, (Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Psychology) providing assessment and treatment for patients who require rehabilitation following a neurological event. Modalities within the team include the use of FES and Saeboflex, full training will be offered. You will work in a number of environments including clinics, patients' homes and other community settings including working with groups of patients delivering therapy.
The team are flexible in their approach to treatment and embrace the use of technology and other treatment modalities to offer the patients in their care the best possible outcomes for their future. In service training is offered as well as support for internal and external development within the field of Neurological Rehabilitation and leadership.
You should have the ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and have the ability to travel within the area of work.
Main duties of the job
To be responsible for the assessment, treatment, planning and delivery of evidence -based occupational therapy interventions within the areas of
- Stroke/ Acquired Brain Injury and Complex other Neurological conditions
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Current professional registration with HPC as Occupational Therapist and responsibility for maintaining this registration
- Evidence of CPD in related field of clinical expertise
- Current accredited field work educator
- In-depth understanding of current NHS/government policy/Public Health/NICE guidelines on organisational change and the ability to adapt these appropriately to local service needs through
- Knowledge and appreciation of lone working risks - policy and procedure
- Understanding of the quality and governance framework and implications for practice including audit and research governance.
- Treatment of a broad range of conditions relating to clinical speciality
- Demonstrable evidence of improving and developing service and practice
- Evidence of leading and implementing clinical change
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.