CLINICAL/COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGIST, FAMILY THERAPIST OR PSYCHOTHERAPIST Registered Clinical/Counselling Psychologist, Family Therapist or Psychotherapist: Band 7 Adult Community Psychological Services South West Essex
1.0 WTE at Band 7
Grade/Salary: A4C Band 7
Location: South West Essex (Basildon, Brentwood and Thurrock)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled and enthusiastic Clinical/Counselling Psychologists, Family Therapists or Psychotherapists to join our well-established, dynamic and friendly Adult Community Psychological Services team.
We welcome you to join us in delivering our ever advancing services.
Main duties of the job
This is an excellent opportunity to deliver clinical leadership, alongside working with clients both individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. We hold the development of people within our department as crucial to delivering key targets for the service and the Trust. The Service enjoys good links with universities in Essex, Hertfordshire and London, and there is the possibility for the post holders to supervise trainees, as appropriate. Clinical research, teaching and specialised interests are actively encouraged. Current members of the department hold honorary lectureship positions and research fellowships with local clinical training courses.
The Adult Community Psychological Service provides a Tier 2 service to the South Essex locality. The Adult Community post will be based in locality teams across South East Essex. The post holder will be expected to provide specialist psychological input to the identified local community mental health teams comprising the First Response Team (FRT) and Recovery and Wellbeing Team (RWT). The FRT delivers care and interventions to clients newly referred to secondary care mental health services for a period of 6 months. The RWT delivers care plans aligned to recovery focused outcomes to clients with longer term needs. Psychologists/Family Therapists/Psychotherapist provide direct client contact in the form of assessment and treatment (providing both group interventions and individual therapy). As a member of the multidisciplinary team you will also be required to provide highly regarded consultation and supervision to other professionals. Embedding psychological thinking and formulation across MDT practice is key to working in teams.
Job description Job responsibilities
Services have undergone influential restructuring processes to enhance the capacity to deliver psychological therapies and to utilise psychological skills within MDTs. The established Clinical Director of Psychological Services works closely with the senior management team to develop and improve delivery of psychological therapies, and to enable clinicians to develop and implement their leadership skills. This provides an environment for psychological therapies staff to develop their skills through high quality supervision and a supported CPD programme, ideal for staff who have an interest in developing specialisms with a focus on career progression, including generous possible training opportunities in EMDR, Schema Therapy, DBT and other modalities that link to service needs and appraisal objectives. £6000 in additional CPD budget is invested in you over a 2 year period
. Leadership training is also supported depending on career progression needs through the Trusts internal programme and the NHS Leadership Academy.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications/Knowledge Essential
- HCPC or UKCP Registered
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in specific difficult to treat groups (e.g. personality disorder, dual diagnosis, people with additional disabilities etc.)
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Relevant experience and extensive clinical experience.
- Pre-qualification training and qualifications in research methodology, staff training and/or other fields of applied psychology.
- Doctoral level (or equivalent of) knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of psychology.
- Experience in providing psychological/psychotherapy interventions at post graduate level.
- Experience of assessing complex clients for appropriate psychological intervention.
- Ability to develop and communicate psychological formulations.
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision of junior psychologists.
- Experience in offering consultation and staff support to multidisciplinary staff teams and other professionals groups.
- Skills in psychometric assessment and ability to administer neuropsychological tests with the accuracy and speed required by the test developers.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.