Are you looking for a great start to your career in the NHS as a speech and language therapist? Come to Worcestershire and start your career surrounded by highly experienced therapists with weekly mentoring, on the job training and access to CPD
What do you need to know?
- All our Band 5 therapists have a comprehensive induction programme with mentor support, clinical supervision and CPD during the first 2 years post qualification
- We’re a Balanced System® service – we work in an evidence-based way at a universal, targeted and specialist level.
- We’re a supportive team, working together in settings and schools
- We have excellent admin support with two main admin bases
- All our team are equipped to do their job – we invest in resources/equipment, so we have what we need on a daily basis
- None of our team were redeployed during the pandemic; we were back to face-to-face work in Sept 2020 with new investment from our commissioners to support children disadvantaged by covid
Main duties of the job
What are the potential opportunities within this role?
Working across a range of clinical areas to give you a broad clinical experience as a Band 5 therapist. This may include:
- Working within our early years service based in Children’s Centres – the first point of contact for many of our children and their families
- Working within our mainstream school service delivering support from a universal to a specialist level
- Working within specialist provision such as language classes, special schools or autism bases
This might be the role for you if you:
- Are graduating this year and you’re looking for your first Band 5 role within the NHS
- Are a current Band 5 looking to develop your skills further or for a new opportunity in a different clinical area
- Are looking to work in a progressive team, following the evidence base and working in creative and innovative ways
- Are looking for a supportive team with opportunities to develop your clinical knowledge and skills
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community nursing services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English both verbally and in writing
- Clinical experience gained through speech and language therapy training
- Working in childrens settings i.e. pre-school, mainstream schools, special schools, language resource bases
Additional Criteria Essential
- Ability to travel to meet the requirements of the role
- Undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registered Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- HCPC Registered
- Assessment of speech, language and communication difficulties, differential diagnosis of SLCN, knowledge of therapy interventions
- Knowledge of The Balanced System approach and framework and what implementation of this looks like in speech and language therapy services, schools and settings
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.