Are you interested in a role supporting older adults who are suffering from Dementia? Are you motivated by improving the lives of some of the most vulnerable people in our communities?
If so, our ConsultantPsychiatrist role at our specialist Dementia Unit, Beechwood, may be just the role for you! This post also attracts a £5000 Golden Hello Payment and the opportunity to claim up to £8000 in relocation expenses!
The Beechwood Unit is a specialist 15 bed acute dementia ward, nestled within the fantastic facilities at the Uckfield Community Hospital. We care for individuals with a diagnosis, or suspected diagnosis of dementia who are deemed mentally unwell and need immediate treatment and support. The team working on the ward includes nurses, doctors, occupational therapists, drama therapists and a psychologist.
On appointment, the support and facilities you will have access to include the following:
- Good access to on-site parking.
- 5WTE SAS grade doctor support for the ward
- Dedicated office space (shared with the ward SAS doctor)
- 5WTE Band 4 administrative support allocated to the post-holder and ward SAS doctor
- Support from the service to take on special interest sessions (e.g. clinical interests, medical education, medical management - e.g. Clinical Director role).
- You will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as access to peer support from colleagues in East Sussex.
Main duties of the job
Your role will be to provide detailed assessments, formulation and risk assessments, to develop management plans and review these in preparation to transition to a community setting or residential placement. You will direct these patient's treatment.
You will liaise with local primary/ ATS care services and provide up to date clinical information on the patient you have treated in your inpatient care.
In addition, you will provide senior clinical leadership to the service, including supervision of junior medical staff, and provide advice to other members of the team including the duty worker. Although this job is advertised as a 10 PA post, we would be happy to discuss different working hours. Would prefer to discuss your individual interests in working at Sussex Partnership with us?Please pick up the phone and talk to us or drop us an email to discuss this vacancy or any of our other Medic opportunities - we want to hear your thoughts and ideas on how a job with us can work for you.
Sussex Partnership provides mental health and learning disability care for all age groups across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, in our recent staff survey 82% told us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority. Other key survey results:
- 70% highlighting flexible working as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying opportunities to show initiative in their roles
Please do read our attached Medic Recruitment Pack to familiarise yourself with the beautiful county of Sussex. With sweeping countryside, picturesque seaside towns and bustling cities, there is much to explore! Don't just take our word for it, we would be very happy to welcome you on an informal visit so you can see it for yourself. To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details. This job Description has been approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.