Consultant Psychiatrist Recovery and Support (Full Time 10 PAs).
Relocation Package available - Up to £8,000 relocation package available *terms and conditions apply*
Are you ready to join our dynamic community mental health services which are undergoing an exciting and innovative transformation! We are looking for consultants with the interest and skills in providing strong medical leadership to take our services forward.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to work in our Twickenham Recovery and Support Team based at the well located Maddison Centre in Teddington town centre.
Main duties of the job POST DESCRIPTION
The team provides care for working age adults who live in the Twickenham/Teddington area of Richmond and experience severe or enduring mental illness. Twickenham RST works alongside one other Richmond RST, with care provided according to GP/PCN alignment
The. post sits within a well-established MDT that works alongside a separate Consultant-led Assessment team and interfaces with a Consultant-led Home Treatment Team and in-patient wards. There are also specialist teams for Early Intervention in Psychosis, Personality Disorder and adult ADHD.
The post-holder will work alongside another full time consultant and be jointly responsible for the clinical care delivered by the team, for the provision of training for core and higher psychiatry trainees, and the teaching of St George's University of London Medical Students.
They will work closely with a Team manager, an advanced clinical practitioner and a dedicated Clinical Service Manager for the Borough (8b). Supervisory support is available from the Associate Clinical Director
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the medical director and in accordance with the Trusts personnel policies and procedures.
- To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder operate within the parameters of the New Deal and are Working Time Directive compliant.
- To undertake the administrative duties and record keeping associated with the care of patients.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
- To carry a mobile smart phone during working hours provided and pain for by the Trust and be contactable by members of the team and other colleagues by phone and email.
- To work flexibly and creatively as part of a multidisciplinary team promoting informed risk taking and anti-discriminatory practice.
- To communicate clearly and effectively with staff of all major disciplines concerned with provision of mental health care.
- To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
- To attend and participate in the academic programme of the Trust, including lectures and seminars as part of the internal CPD programme.
- To maintain professional registration with the General Medical Council, Mental Health Act Section 12(2) approval, and to abide by professional codes of conduct.
- To participate annually in a job plan review with the clinical manager, which will include consultation with a relevant manager in order to ensure that the post is developed to take into account changes in service configuration and delivery associated with modernisation.
- To work with local managers and professional colleagues in ensuring the efficient running of services and share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
- To comply with the Trusts agreed policies, procedures, standing orders and financial instructions, and to take an active role in the financial management of the service and support the medical director and other managers in preparing plans for services.
Person Specification Training /Qualification Essential
- Primary Medical degree
- Full GMC registration
- MRCPsych, or equivalent
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register for General Adult Psychiatry or eligible for such inclusion on the Specialist
- Registrar within three months of completing their CST.
- Section 12 (2) approval of the Mental Health Act
- Qualifications in Old Age Psychiatry, or other specialism.
- Qualification in a talking therapy such as CBT, DIT or MBT
- Qualifications in change management and service development skills
- Completed minimum of three years full time training in approved higher psychiatric training scheme.
- A detailed knowledge of main treatment approaches for severe mental illness including psychopharmacological interventions
- Knowledge and experience of the CPA process, risk assessment and risk management
- Experience of teaching medical and non-medical staff, including those who may not have a formal qualification
Ability to enhance specialty of mental health care provided through Management Audit Essential
- Commitment to developing practice through clinical audit and/or research
- Commitment to working with allied agencies including carer's groups, and local charities.
- Experience of service planning and development
- Experience of working with third sector partners
Research and Publications Essential
- Evidence of participation in research, and outcomes of studies
- Experience of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.